Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

Where’s that new font come from? It wasn’t part of our previous brand guidelines.

Lots of confusing stuff, and as usual the fan base will be split and uninspired. I’d like to see us change the way we do kits, 3 every year with 2 keeper kits and home and away training gear with giant Cazoo logos everywhere - it’s mad and ugly. There must be another way that’s just as financially beneficial which doesn’t result in a lukewarm reaction every year, late, with production and delivery and sizing issues. I’ve not bought one since the Nike days.

Although it’s different because the manufacturer sponsors the league, the way basketball jerseys are done is great. From what I can tell, it’s one classic design for years as standard and they occasionally drop special kits that have more out there designs.

If we had a very simple but beautifully done classic home and away kit for say 3 years with a manufacturer and released special kits for people who like the more out there designs or anniversary kits for revenue, then it’s win win. Also there’s less pressure on parents to buy super expensive kits every year for their kids, it’s way more sustainable.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kappa probably know we are leaving them anyway, and have decided to give us a parting f*ck you....

There might be a bit in this tbh. Not a f*ck you, but a bit of a thoughtless effort because we've indicated that we won't renew the deal. 

It's really just the most obvious orientation of the Villa colours on their stupid new template, with the stripes that give it depth I guess, but not in a particularly nice or clever way, and certainly not in a way that says Aston Villa. 

This dumb template would have been a great excuse to give us a thick striped kit like the 99/00 kit. 

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Where’s that new font come from? It wasn’t part of our previous brand guidelines.

Lots of confusing stuff, and as usual the fan base will be split and uninspired. I’d like to see us change the way we do kits, 3 every year with 2 keeper kits and home and away training gear with giant Cazoo logos everywhere - it’s mad and ugly. There must be another way that’s just as financially beneficial which doesn’t result in a lukewarm reaction every year, late, with production and delivery and sizing issues. I’ve not bought one since the Nike days.

Although it’s different because the manufacturer sponsors the league, the way basketball jerseys are done is great. From what I can tell, it’s one classic design for years as standard and they occasionally drop special kits that have more out there designs.

If we had a very simple but beautifully done classic home and away kit for say 3 years with a manufacturer and released special kits for people who like the more out there designs or anniversary kits for revenue, then it’s win win. Also there’s less pressure on parents to buy super expensive kits every year for their kids, it’s way more sustainable.

the problem that if villa demand £10m+ from kappa then if they want to do 4 kits a year and 30+ training tops i dont see how we dont give them free range to do what they want to try and recover their payment to us

and then they increase the cost to the consumer and in order to squeeze that £100 out of you the kits has to be different, verging on outlandish, 3rd kits especially, thats how we get to garbage like the utd zebra kit, theres no money in people thinking the kit is just alright...marmite kits will sell even if 75% of people absolutely hate it, they need the 25% to love it

its a real downside of FFP and the big clubs chasing these humongous deals

Edited by villa4europe

There will always be a small part of me that will like our new kits regardless, cos it's in our blood, right?!

But I must say I'm totally underwhelmed with this one and struggling to find a positive other than it looks better on the players than the leak pic (obviously).

Compared to some of the guys on here that did their kit mock ups this is nowhere near as good 😒

Hopefully the away and third kits are better but more importantly Jack is performing in it and we have a memorable season! 💜💙 UTV

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the problem that if villa demand £10m+ from kappa then if they want to do 4 kits a year and 30+ training tops i dont see how we dont give them free range to do what they want to try and recover their payment to us

and then they increase the cost to the consumer and in order to squeeze that £100 out of you the kits has to be different, verging on outlandish, 3rd kits especially, thats how we get to garbage like the utd zebra kit, theres no money in people thinking the kit is just alright...marmite kits will sell even if 75% of people absolutely hate it, they need the 25% to love it

its a real downside of FFP and the big clubs chasing these humongous deals

Maybe have a home kit that doesn’t change and switch up the away kits, while also doing special occasion ones, updated legacy kits etc. I’m sure there’s a model out there that will keep the financials in a good place while offering a better product. Imagine how many more people would buy a kit if it lasted 3 years? Imagine how many people would buy a black or white out special edition for example, or your marmite kits as a one off, and I’m not just talking Villa fans, it’s how you get people from outside the UK to buy. I don’t see this kit having any appeal beyond fans wearing it to the match, but there’s a big market out there for interesting and actually fashionable designs not constrained by yearly re-inventing of the wheel.

Edited by a m ole

Just now, deeps said:

If you don’t like it... don’t buy it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Sure but this is the thread for discussion about and analysis of our kits, we can look at the flaws and attributes and discuss what we would like and share opinions, ideas and concepts.

It’s not a big deal or “end of the world” but the shirt is shit, simple as that. It’s a disappointment.

Hopefully, the away and third will be much better. Just would be nice to see the players in a good looking kit and something that pleases the fans and for it to be something we would like to buy and wear.

We really need something to commemorate the 40th anniversary of our European cup win too, that shouldn’t be overlooked or ignored.

The blue sleeves/arms coming up and encroaching onto the shoulders and seemingly onto the chest is such a bad design… at least take the blue all the way then. Or restrict it to the arms… that bit of claret is so cheap too.

Simple neck, no stripes and normal sleeves and it would’ve been adequate…

Last season’s kit was a lot better.

Edited by Jas10

On 12/05/2021 at 20:18, Demitri_C said:

20210512_201613.jpg

On 13/05/2021 at 08:00, Demitri_C said:

20210513_075749.jpg

On 25/05/2021 at 17:30, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

On 29/05/2021 at 11:57, 0Lamptey said:

spacer.png

On 21/06/2021 at 15:53, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

On 21/06/2021 at 17:11, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

On 22/06/2021 at 17:24, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

On 23/06/2021 at 23:38, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

On 23/06/2021 at 23:48, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 24/06/2021 at 14:01, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Honestly think any of these would have made a better kit, but hey ho. Let's hope Kappa aren't rehired and we get a decent league finish to attract a huge offer from a better manufacturer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, deeps said:

If you don’t like it... don’t buy it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

This isn't really good enough. People want to buy a Villa kit. We're making exciting signings, there is a real excitement around the club, and they can turn that into £ by releasing a kit everyone loves. Instead they've released a kit that as far as I've seen isn't very popular and certainly isn't very good, IMO. 

I'm pretty keen for a Mings kit after getting a Grealish kit last year, but it's not gonna be the home, and I don't like the cut and the look of the material very much so the away is going to have to blow me away with the design to get me to part with money I want to spend. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Honestly think any of these would have made a better kit, but hey ho. Let's hope Kappa aren't rehired and we get a decent league finish to attract a huge offer from a better manufacturer.

everyone GIF

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The way that bloke is holding it accentuates the terrible way the panelling has been done with how the sleeves connect to the body, both at neck and under arm levels. Yeesh. 

Let's hope they don't hold it by the shoulder seams when our next new signing is unveiled.