VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It's a point of pride that I couldn't name one Drake song.  I'm sure I'd recognise one if I heard one.

I agree with sentence one, but not sentence two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I was a true metal head in my teens. Maiden, Queensryche, Metallica, Dio, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Ozzy. All the 80s metal bands. Saw them live. 

But I grew out of it by the time I turned 20. For me, metal is for teenagers and 20s people. I still respect what it is, but there is so much more interesting music out there to enjoy than the head banging shredder stuff. 

Maiden I can take or leave. Metallica made some really good stuff in their early years but it’s not often I venture there anymore. Motley Crue are a bit of a guilty pleasure. Don’t venture there much either but I find them fun to listen to, when I want some sleaze. Ozzy was much better in sabbath. He’s made 3 classic albums and the rest are average to crap . Don’t listen to his solo stuff too much nowadays . I’m more of a rocker than a metal head. As for fleetwood Mac, I’ve always liked them since I was a kid. My missus loves them. Very good live, or they was when I went and watched them a few years back. Lindsey Buckingham is a guitarist that’s under the radar , but he’s very good. Not my cup of tea, but still very good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Soooooo...

Donda or CLB?

I'm more of a Donda man myself, but both seem below par by their usual standards

Both are getting really poor reviews

When a Kanye album is being criticised for being full of filler it must be really be shit cos for me all his albums have too much filler on them

If you want a hip hop / rap album this month little simz seems to be the way to go

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Fleetwood Mac are a band I have no interest in.

No interest to the point I have just discovered in the last 5 minutes that Lindsey Buckingham is a man. I’d always presumed it was the woman, the one with the flouncy black lacy shawl in the little video clip they always show when referencing Fleetwood Mac.

I’ll give them a swerve if ever they are a category the week I’m on Pointless.

They're pretty good to be fair to them, percentage wise given just how much material they've got the number of good songs is probably quite low but there's still about 15 in there (a bit like Bowie in that regard) with a couple of really good ones like the chain, go your own way and landslide

What they do have is rumours which is an incredible album, about 8 of those 15 songs are on that album 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It's a point of pride that I couldn't name one Drake song.  I'm sure I'd recognise one if I heard one.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I agree with sentence one, but not sentence two. 

We’re all familiar with his meme output though I assume?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Now, Charlie Drake... Please Mister Custer, My Boomerang Won't Come Back, Hello My Darlings. True classics!  :)

The Ghost of Nick Drake is feeling melancholic (more than usual) regarding your choice of an alternative Drake.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I won't profess to actually understand that but I recognise the image but as soon as I see the name, the brain says modern rap and switches off

I was going to try and explain the meaning of the meme and inadvertently make it convoluted and messy, but @villa4europe has put it perfectly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I won't profess to actually understand that but I recognise the image but as soon as I see the name, the brain says modern rap and switches off

I'm the same, can't get in to him, he's a rapper singer popstar, would say post malone is very similar (but drake at least raps a bit more) and it does nothing for me, lyrics or beats 

As pop songs they do have some decent songs, circles by post malone for example, one dance was OK but overplayed, but neither or "proper" rap for me 

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The Ghost of Nick Drake is feeling melancholic (more than usual) regarding your choice of an alternative Drake.

I think I may have mentioned in the Crap Claims to Fame thread that I've seen Nick Drake's sister naked. 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think I may have mentioned in the Crap Claims to Fame thread that I've seen Nick Drake's sister naked. 

Did she tell you to "put your clothes back on at once, you freaker"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Both are getting really poor reviews

When a Kanye album is being criticised for being full of filler it must be really be shit cos for me all his albums have too much filler on them

If you want a hip hop / rap album this month little simz seems to be the way to go

Yeah it’s like 27 tracks. Crazy. 

His early stuff had loads of tracks but half of them were skits so it wasn’t as bad. 

But yeah neither are particularly good. There’s no stand out songs on them really

Â