VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

9 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Bob Dylan accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old in 1965

Don't know that much about Dylan to really know whether there would be any truth to this or not, but know there are 1 or 2 fans on here of his work... 

Debunked almost immediately as it is from a period where his movements were tracked extensively by press and fans. Oh and DA Pennebaker via Don't Look Back. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Debunked almost immediately as it is from a period where his movements were tracked extensively by press and fans. Oh and DA Pennebaker via Don't Look Back. 

This follows on nicely from our earlier discussion about the unsavoury behaviour of musicians, and Dylan was no different from the rest of them when it came to sex and drugs. However, as @Seat68 said, this particular case looks very shaky, based on the evidence, and I very much doubt it will get too far. But you never know. 

Bloomin 'ell , fabulous playing IMO . Don't know this bloke but he certainly is ace. One of the few to use Sonor drums (pronounced Zooner I 'm told by a German speaking mate). And brilliant reading from the brass section to come in with those little 'licks'. Excellent ! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, veloman said:

Bloomin 'ell , fabulous playing IMO . Don't know this bloke but he certainly is ace. One of the few to use Sonor drums (pronounced Zooner I 'm told by a German speaking mate). And brilliant reading from the brass section to come in with those little 'licks'. Excellent ! 

Yeah, thought you'd like it.  :)

• Like 1

Heading down the M5 today just past Gloucester and I see on the back of a low loader the KLF policecar. It may not have been THE KLF police car, but it was an exact replica if it wasnt. No one in the car demonstrated the same enthusiasm I did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Heading down the M5 today just past Gloucester and I see on the back of a low loader the KLF policecar. It may not have been THE KLF police car, but it was an exact replica if it wasnt. No one in the car demonstrated the same enthusiasm I did. 

You sure it wasn't...

800px-Dodge_Monaco_Blues_Mobile.jpg

Bill Drummond never being one to purloin ideas, no never...

DH53U4PXUAAmrGg?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

On 27/05/2021 at 01:39, GarethRDR said:

I won't start banging on about ¡Forward, Russia!, because I'll be here all night and I really should go to bed.

Yes, yes, yes.

This band were so good that I once drove to Stoke (**** Stoke!) in my brother's Peugeot 106 to see them.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

And yet I did get the steering wheel of that vehicle resonating at 100mph heading north up the M6 on the way to see them

I Djed a club night in Stoke once, I refused to return the following week

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The Blossoms try to give him a run for their money. 

Even from the very start, it was hardly rock n roll was it...

Tom Ogden and Joe Donovan met through a school trip to, Alton Towers  which both of them were placed on due to good attendance

Wiki

Piss monkeys

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Is there anything more boring than Eric Clapton.

I concede that he is crushingly boring, but yes, there are many, many more boring acts. 

This might go against popular opinion as the myth of him endears himself to a lot of people, but I saw Seasick Steve on year at a festival. His set was a little shy of 2 hours and for me he was the most boring performer I ever saw.

Different year, same festival, I endured The Blossoms (friends choice for both of these).

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Is there anything more boring than Eric Clapton.

I think you have to remember what he was like in the mid 60's. With John Mayall (reading the Beano) there were some great tracks (IMO) - Hideway - Steppin' Out for example. Then how many of you actually saw Cream? He was pretty damn good in them; but , I concede, relapsed to 'Lay Down Sally' and the God awful 'Wonderful Tonight'. Musically, I thought Jeff Beck has overtaken him - check out 'Day in The life' on Youtube - brilliant Vinni on drums and fabulous female bass player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â