VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Elton does but the guests didn't, although I noticed them tweaking it half way through.

That’s an inherent problem with festivals, Elton's vocals sounded ropey for the first three songs, it takes sound engineers a while to get it right even with a soundcheck at a festival with no soundcheck it’s even harder, chuck a guest in for one song and that’s a recipe for getting it wrong at the start

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

At times I'm having trouble understanding what he's singing as he's gone a bit Vic Reeves club singer but he's giving it a good go considering his age.

Haha, he's always been a bit like a pub singer who got lucky.

(And that isn’t a criticism)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

That’s an inherent problem with festivals, Elton's vocals sounded ropey for the first three songs, it takes sound engineers a while to get it right even with a soundcheck at a festival with no soundcheck it’s even harder, chuck a guest in for one song and that’s a recipe for getting it wrong at the start

Not just festivals - took that long to sort out the mix at VP last Friday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not just festivals - took that long to sort out the mix at VP last Friday. 

Yep, outdoor always makes it harder, wind changes things, temperatures change etc, indoors, once the crowd is in the conditions are more constant, outdoors, not so much

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tbh his vocals sound alright on my telly (my telly is nothing special, it’s not even branded)

My 55" samsung curved TV has developed a black vertical wide stripe during his gig.....thought the dark line was a shadow as night was falling but no.....😧

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha, my daughter just accused him of padding out the set :D 

It did take a long long time to get through. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The fireworks at the end stole the show 

I'm surprised that environmental friendly Glastonbury do them to be honest. Could charge up a drone fleet from their turbines couldn't they? 

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm liking this prog rock 'Rocket Man'. 

Not watching it, but I really like the 03' Rocket Man remix - featured in the TV show, Californication

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No encore then.

I suppose it takes him so long to get off then back on again it would break the curfew. 

No encore shows are the future. Encores are always embarrassing 

Do your set and be done with it

• Like 3

Â