VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

Debs is giving it a good go for 77.

Actuslly just read a story where she gave Iggy Pop and Bowie some cocaine. Bowie thanked her by getting his dong out of his trousers 😂

I’ve seen some reports asking is Guns n Roses was the worst headline act ever, and others saying they “wowed” Glastonbury. Were they good?

Edited by Genie

Just skipped back to yesterday to watch Pretenders.

Im not really a fan but they’ve been excellent, that guitarist is the dogs bolex.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve seen some reports asking is Guns n Roses was the worst headline act ever, and others saying they “wowed” Glastonbury. Were they good?

From what I can gather the consensus is they wowed Glastonbury with just how utterly awful they were. 

I actually have zero interest in Guns'n'Roses as a band and I'm actually more likely to watch the performance back purely out of a morbid curiosity. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

From what I can gather the consensus is they wowed Glastonbury with just how utterly awful they were. 

Looking into it, it’s seems that Axl Rose was the major let down as his voice is shot. 

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Looking into it, it’s seems that Axl Rose was the major let down as his voice is shot. 

Something I saw said that slash seemed pretty unenthusiastic as we. 

I’ve seen headlines that said the following were shit/disappointing/problematic 

The Arctic Monkeys (boring)

Lewis Capaldi (Struggled to finish the show due to mental health and tourette’s flaring up).

Guns n Roses (sound issues, Axl Rose and Slash not on it).

Blondie (sound issues)

Lana Del Ray (turned up late and show cut short)

Billy Nomates (got loads of social media abuse for the show and asked for BBC to take it down)

Bit of a shame for those that shelled out big money. Not a hugely inspiring line up and then when they took to the stage didn’t appear to have been that well received.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Something I saw said that slash seemed pretty unenthusiastic as we. 

That’s all part of the act, always has been

you have to remember he’s from Stoke so he's been disadvantaged to enjoyment since birth

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Billy Nomates (got loads of social media abuse for the show and asked for BBC to take it down)

Her set was great, she got grief on Twitter for not having band, posted by dickheads who didn’t realise she wrote, played and produced everything that was played. She can’t sing, dance and play all the instruments at once.

The Glasto crowd seemed to really warm to her in the end, she was great, she's a real talent

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Her set was great, she got grief on Twitter for not having band, posted by dickheads who didn’t realise she wrote, played and produced everything that was played. She can’t sing, dance and play all the instruments at once.

The Glasto crowd seemed to really warm to her in the end, she was great, she's a real talent

I watched her, I thought it took some balls to get up there and perform without anything to hide behind. We aren't celebrating this then, this is now a criticism. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A gig is always gonna be a million times better in the flesh than it is on TV , but from listening to people that were there some of the Axl issues weren’t as prevalent there as they were on the TV playback

i watched it with Mrs H , and his voice struggled big time on certain songs with high notes like You  could be mine ,  November Rain  but it was still a rocking set and anyone saying it was the worse ever is  just going for likes on Twitter 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

You have to remember he’s from Stoke so he's been disadvantaged to enjoyment since birth

Proves he can't do it on a warm dry night in Somerset. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Â