Midweek Football 3/7 May

andykeenan

22 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Ok but it's honestly one of the most obscure comparisons I've heard i a very long time. One of them is a player that I would bet my mortgage wouldn't score double figures in League 1 (and I'm not sure he would even manage it in League 2.)

The other is a former England international that has a 1 in 3 goalscoring rate in the Premier League over a number of seasons and with a very average side.

There have been so many overrated players that have come through our youth ranks but Davis is demonstrably one of the worst. 

Again, I think comparing Davis to ANY regular goalscorer is crazy, but to a 1 in 3 PL striker? Davis has a 1 in 23 goalscoring rate.

Madness.

He has actually declared for Jamaica and has no England caps

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 pretty good games tonight and neither involved any of the so called ‘big 6’, I’ll wager both games would have been more entertaining than the match yesterday had it gone ahead.

Good advert for the Premier League.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes but he’s also terribly wasteful especially on counter attacks he’s just score through pure physicality if he can make it Keinan Davis surely can

First half clinical, second half wasteful. He has a lot more pace than Davis for a start

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has actually declared for Jamaica and has no England caps

Ah I thought he had one. I know he was on the brink at some point. 

Eithwr way, my overall point stands.  He is a far, far, FAR better player than Davis will ever be. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Ah I thought he had one. I know he was on the brink at some point. 

Eithwr way, my overall point stands.  He is a far, far, FAR better player than Davis will ever be. 

Of course he is but Antonio was a bit of a journeyman when he was the same age as Davis. Had about 6 clubs before he was 23

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Of course he is but Antonio was a bit of a journeyman when he was the same age as Davis. Had about 6 clubs before he was 23

He's 31 already apparently. Wasnt aware of that. Still very important to the way West Ham play too. A very good signing for 7 million, to score 1 in 3 for 6 seasons is very impressive in the PL.

• Like 1

The main thing is they've got him fit and consistently playing

A few years back he looked good on the saturday but then needed to be rested for the mid week game and didn't always make the game the next Saturday either, not sure what he had but it required a lot of recovery after playing 

ridiculous from the ref that...good job they have VAR in place cause it wasn't even close. massive games like this you need to keep your cool as a ref...he paniced into giving a pen

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Forgot about this game, is it looking entertaining? Do I cash in some football credits?

Absolutely, get Luton vs Rotherham on immediately!

Does look like there will be lots of goals in Manchester. PSG on top before City scored on the break.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Forgot about this game, is it looking entertaining? Do I cash in some football credits?

it's decent to be fair

• Like 1

Â