Midweek Football 19/22 April

andykeenan

Leicester are breaking well and whilst West Brom's defenders have made some excellent last ditch tackles, get one wrong and you're off - I'm hopeful one of them might now be with us on Sunday.

2-0 Leicester - a big defeat should help take the edge of the Albion too. :)

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sam Johnston dived out of the way of that shot.

No idea how he's anywhere near England subs bench, he was average at best for us and always had a spacer.pngin him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

If Maddison stays fit its guranteed.

Now that is a good midfield and with iheanacho and Vardy up front and Fofana and Söyüncü at the back its an outstanding team. 

disappointing from Leicester, they should be rolling over so one of the super duper clubs get the deserved place in the Champions League

#ruiningfootball

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Now that is a good midfield and with iheanacho and Vardy up front and Fofana and Söyüncü at the back its an outstanding team. 

Yep their midfield 3 is probably the best in the league. I would love something like they have. I think Douglas is similar to Tielemans so thats what id start with.

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Are we all Leicester fans for the rest of the season? It's pretty much where I'm at, anyway.

I certainly am. Leicester are doing exactly what I want Villa to do. They have a really good transfer policy, play good football and are challenging for a place in Europe. I’d certainly want us to follow the Leicester model as opposed to someone like Everton’s.

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I certainly am. Leicester are doing exactly what I want Villa to do. They have a really good transfer policy, play good football and are challenging for a place in Europe. I’d certainly want us to follow the Leicester model as opposed to someone like Everton’s.

Leicester are great but they do sell their best player each year to re invest.  That would mean Jack going then Martinez and so on.  

It's all about the transfer policy and knowing you have that guy to step up.

42 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Leicester are great but they do sell their best player each year to re invest.  That would mean Jack going then Martinez and so on.  

It's all about the transfer policy and knowing you have that guy to step up.

I dont know about the best player, Drinkwater, Chilwell and Maguire they received 170 million for but wouldn't be the best players in my book

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont know about the best player, Drinkwater, Chilwell and Maguire they received 170 million for but wouldn't be the best players in my book

Kante too

The main thing is they've kept Vardy and Schmeichel, Johnny Evans has also been a brilliant signing for them 

You can say what a great signing someone like Tielemans was but he was a huge prospect at anderlecht, he was more or less a sure fire hit when Leicester paid £40m for him from Monaco, we aren't there yet 

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kante too

The main thing is they've kept Vardy and Schmeichel, Johnny Evans has also been a brilliant signing for them 

You can say what a great signing someone like Tielemans was but he was a huge prospect at anderlecht, he was more or less a sure fire hit when Leicester paid £40m for him from Monaco, we aren't there yet 

Tielemans was a bit of a flop at Monaco so it was a bit of a risk. Praet and Castagne another that didn't do much in Serie A but they can afford that risk now

Â