Breakaway League

Jareth

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's even more ironic when you think 12 out of 15 have currently signed up. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to guess who 2 of the other 3 are.

It's sounding like neither bayern or psg will touch this with a 10ft barge pole. This is a massive Pr win for Qatar. As they back both clubs. 

Just now, nick76 said:

Somebody on here showed the contract thingy, said PSG, Munich and Dortmund

Yeah my guess would have been PSG, Bayern and maybe RB Leipzig, but Dortmund works too.  The only thing making me think Leipzig is they're moral scum who don't mind being the bad guys, where Dortmund are not.

I still can't believe Agnelli's initial PR statement in regards to this league, involved use of the word solidarity.

It's like watching my mate using words he doesn't know the meaning of, just cause he thinks it sounds advanced.

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I would absolutely be up for that, but knowing football there is no way it would be that cheap. Too much greed. Treble that easily. 

A couple of seasons ago as I was struggling  for cash I was looking into local non-league and lower league sides to take my little lad to. Even the lowest cost was around £15-20 a game per person.  

Which non league clubs did you try?

Warrington Town for example is £5 entry fee, for adults.

Just now, BOF said:

Yeah my guess would have been PSG, Bayern and maybe RB Leipzig, but Dortmund works too.  The only thing making me think Leipzig is they're moral scum who don't mind being the bad guys, where Dortmund are not.

Nah Leipzig have also condemned this. For red bull this is a great opportunity to look better in the eyes of the Germans and show they aren't all about the money. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Bloomberg states PSG will put out a statement stating they rejected this super league and have no plans to join it. Who would’ve thought PSG come out of this well.

Poch probably advised them to get a dig in at Spurs in that statement as well ;)  

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's sounding like neither bayern or psg will touch this with a 10ft barge pole. This is a massive Pr win for Qatar. As they back both clubs. 

Hmm, Qatar, hosting the FIFA World Cup, so obvs want to keep FIFA on-side, wonder if they’ll continue to resist once the World Cup has been and gone.

8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

As I think somebody said yesterday, if Man City, Chelsea and Madrid are thrown out the Champions League, PSG end up winning the trophy by default because they were the least greedy.

Which is pretty darn ironic. 

I think UEFA might reinstate the beaten teams to make a semi final. Dortmund, Bayern and Leipzig for being loyal :D 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think most of us on here are 'fans' - we like to see villa win - beating Liverpool etc is special - but we still pay and enjoy watching us beat Burnley and Sheff utd.

However the above isn't the target audience of the ESL  - Its people in the far East who have heard all about Manchester United , Barcelona , Real Madrid , they just want to watch a game of football preferably between two big clubs. That where the money is.

One of things I am most proud of as a villa fan - is my dad took me to my first match in 1972 - it was a division 3 game between villa and Walsall !!! - and we didn't even win !!! - 9 years later I was standing on the terraces at Highbury as we were crowned League Champions. Sadly stories like that don't land bumper TV deals.  

Very similar story for me give or take a couple of years. We went as a family to watch the Villa at Blackpool and after at the fair I apparently hid in a Dalek and was missing for over an hour. The transition from third to that day at Highbury is staggering 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

One thing is for sure. This is going to make a great movie once it's played out :popcorn:

Maybe Perez can sell the rights to Netflix to make up for the lost revenue.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

One thing is for sure. This is going to make a great movie once it's played out :popcorn:

they already found Daniel Levy, a pathetic man looking to reclaim a power he never actually had

10 Things We Want From The Lord of the Rings: Gollum – GameSpew

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The Lion the witch and the greedy bstrds.

Oceans 12

Super League 2 - Rise of the bastds

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I still can't believe Agnelli's initial PR statement in regards to this league, involved use of the word solidarity.

It's like watching my mate using words he doesn't know the meaning of, just cause he thinks it sounds advanced.

Or Joey Barton.

The World Cup is the only thing keeping PSG out of this. Qatar has enough bad press already, having their club team throwing a spanner in the works as well might be the thing that pushes it over the edge.

If this happens, come the aftermath of the World Cup, there will be an expansion and PSG will happily take the devil's shilling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Very similar story for me give or take a couple of years. We went as a family to watch the Villa at Blackpool and after at the fair I apparently hid in a Dalek and was missing for over an hour. The transition from third to that day at Highbury is staggering 

Well the European Super League is the equivalent of  moving  upstairs with the Daleks on the ground floor.

Â