Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

What about snake island? 

He's already very adept at imitating and behaving like a snake, so I believe he'd actually like it there. Is there an island full of snake eating eagles?

Edited by magnkarl
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I bet the productivity of the entire continent has fallen off a cliff today :D 

And this is my busiest week of the year to date...and still 50% of the day in this thread

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

So PSG win the Champions League if they don’t respond to the request to join the ESL. Just how I like my tournaments decided.

Nah, likely they'll roll whoever Chelski and City beat back into the comp.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

So PSG win the Champions League if they don’t respond to the request to join the ESL. Just how I like my tournaments decided.

It's a mess either way isn't it? Cancelling the tournament is pretty unfair on PSG. Giving them a win by defauly would be ludicrous. Letting these clubs continue in the tournament is unacceptable.

Restoring 3 previously eliminated teams is probably the least bad option?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’ll be on the thick end of £10m a year won’t he? 
It takes an awful lot of morals to walk away from that.

Yeah I know but he wouldn't be unemployed for long and I guess he enjoyed his long time in Mainz without the big money. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For me if your are not getting kicked out they should all start on -30 points next season 

Give them one last chance (48 hours) to apologise and promise to never do this again. If they agree, 100 point deduction this season for each 'club' and a ban from european competition for five years. Let them feel what it's like for the rest of the clubs they wanted to destroy. Stamp it out entirely and make sure it's never discussed again. A massive fine to distribute to lower League clubs would go towards an apology as well. 

If they fail to agree to this within 48 hours then full expulsion and expunge them from the history books. They can either go and play with themselves in some global money league or if that doesn't come off then they can sell the grounds and build apartments. It'll be a lesson well learned. 

It won't happen, but it should. This is the battle for the remnants of the soul of the world's greatest sport. Nothing should be off the table. 

To quote someone earlier... "Destroy them". They're trying to destroy rhe whole of the history of European football. Hundreds of fine clubs would go to the wall. No mercy. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's a mess either way isn't it? Cancelling the tournament is pretty unfair on PSG. Giving them a win by defauly would be ludicrous. Letting these clubs continue in the tournament is unacceptable.

Restoring 3 previously eliminated teams is probably the least bad option?

Porto vs Dortmund semi final would make sense, trouble is PSG beat Bayern in the last round 😂

Only way i see Klopp walking is if he's genuinely against this, he's been offered the Bayern job and Bayern not going to join the Super League.

Not 100% impossible I guess.

• Like 1

I think it's difficult to punish the clubs. 

But you can issue a life ban from involvement in anything to do with football to Perez, Glazer, Henry and the rest of them - force them to sell up - and maybe do the same for their CEO's, rid the world of Agnelli, Levy, Woodward and that crew - that's what I'd like to see happen.

Not a punishment for the fans or the players, but for the people whose idea this was.

I'd then like to see a gradual adjustment of the rules that spreads power out from small groups of clubs - so for the Premier league insist that clubs relegated within five years also get a vote - which opens it up to 25-30 clubs and spreads power - a more even spread then of TV money and merit payments, that sort of thing - it's a pipe dream I know, but we are on the edge of the abyss and if we get away with it, we need to learn these lessons and change things.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Only way i see Klopp walking is if he's genuinely against this, he's been offered the Bayern job and Bayern not going to join the Super League.

Or the national team job

Save face with the scousers who will canonise him and under no terms or circumstances ever be willing to accept that he left them out of his own free will to take a better job 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

Give them one last chance (48 hours) to apologise and promise to never do this again. If they agree, 100 point deduction this season for each 'club' and a ban from european competition for five years. Let them feel what it's like for the rest of the clubs they wanted to destroy. Stamp it out entirely and make sure it's never discussed again. A massive fine to distribute to lower League clubs would go towards an apology as well. 

If they fail to agree to this within 48 hours then full expulsion and expunge them from the history books. They can either go and play with themselves in some global money league or if that doesn't come off then they can sell the grounds and build apartments. It'll be a lesson well learned. 

It won't happen, but it should. This is the battle for the remnants of the soul of the world's greatest sport. Nothing should be off the table. 

To quote someone earlier... "Destroy them". They're trying to destroy rhe whole of the history of European football. Hundreds of fine clubs would go to the wall. No mercy. 

I think Liverpool should be closed down. The ground bulldozed and a supermarket built on the site.  This isn't to do with the ESL - I've always thought that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

You do realise Klopp isn't overly happy at Liverpool all this aside? . He already stated his current contract with Liverpool will be his last.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

You do realise Klopp isn't overly happy at Liverpool all this aside? . He already stated his current contract with Liverpool will be his last.

And I'm sure they are not overly happy with him anymore. Still extremely rare that a manager walks without having something else lined up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

And I'm sure they are not overly happy with him anymore. Still extremely rare that a manager walks without having something else lined up.

Before all this - I thought he was pushing for a mutual consent departure. I get the feeling he doesn't really like the UK.

Â