Ye Olde Birmingham of Yore

Follyfoot

39 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yes, but that's still just a fancy chain. The Electric is an independent cinema that does fantastic events that are more than just film screenings (like q&a sessions with directors and longer events with films and documentary pairings, and collaborations with restaurants). They do themed drinks that match the films being shown.

Basically, it's great. And it's the oldest working cinema in the country.

If you haven't been you're missing out 

I really wasn't turning it into a competition

The Programmes – 1919/20 - 10 Footballs

Opposite the tram terminus & the railway station, adjoining the Villa ground, the most complete & up-to-date hotel in Aston. Motor garage & stabling, every accommodation on the spot, dinners, teas & light refreshments, Wines & Spirits of the highest quality (100 years ago).

Edited by John
  • Like 3

On 17/03/2021 at 15:13, Chindie said:

The Electric lets you book a sofa and order food via text, it's great.

Not just food - homemade carrot cake and a mug of tea. Perfection. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Please help me. 

When The Arcadian Centre was first built, there was a massive bar at the front on Ladywell Walk, eventually became a Reflex. 

I am killing myself trying to remember what it was called. 

Thought it may have been The Pump House or something as there were mock exposed copper piles all over the place. 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Please help me. 

When The Arcadian Centre was first built, there was a massive bar at the front on Ladywell Walk, eventually became a Reflex. 

Thought it may have been The Pump House or something as there were mock exposed copper piles all over the place. 

Before I was partying, but was it Lacarno?

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Please help me. 

52 Degrees North?

• Like 2

On 15/03/2021 at 22:12, sidcow said:

The ABC Cinema I did used to go to was Bristol Road, now a McDonalds. 

I do remember that it had rainbow coloured decals running down the side of the auditorium which seemed pretty funky at the time. 

7280-0.jpg

I used to tot in the boozer next door, The Trees, incidentally, that's what's replaced it weeds and trees.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I used to tot in the boozer next door, The Trees, incidentally, that's what's replaced it weeds and trees.

I used to drink in The Trees sometimes. 

Â