Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I've been clear that I don't want Tammy from the start, he would want to start and I prefer Watkins. I don't believe that Edouard would demand he started. 

So price is not a factor for me, I loved Tammy's work here but there is no room for him. If we're buying another expensive striker I expect them to be a total upgrade on Watkins.

So you’d rather spend money on a back up than a player that would challenge Ollie for his starting place.  Not sure how that’s progression.

18 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I found this, think I'll be supporting the women's team more next season lol. She reminds me of Naommi Watts.

If female footballers looked like this on average the game would be far more popular

Just now, paul514 said:

If female footballers looked like this on average the game would be far more popular

I'm not happy, I now have to split my attention up between the newly acquired Alisha and the already wonderful beautiful Marissa Ewers.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You misunderstood, Tammy isn't good enough to be better than Watkins. Why buy a player we already have. I don't want to see Watkins on the wing, especially because we have Buendia now. 

Tammy's ceiling isn't high enough for the investment that is required both in terms of transfer fee and playing time expectations. 

I like Tammy, he was awesome and integral in our promotion but he is no longer good enough for us to outlay that amount of money. 

Oh I understand.  

Given Tammys stats (below) I’m not sure you can justify he’s “no longer good enough for us” and I don’t understand why we can’t have Watkins and Tammy.  It’s a squad game these days not just a team of 11.

6 league goals last season in 1033 minutes in the top league, that's equivalent as 1 in just under every 2 games and a lot of those minutes were bits of games and not a long run.  Overall he got 12 goals in 1533 minutes which is less that 1 goals in every 1.5 matches. 

The season before he scored in the top league 15 goals in equivalent of 1 in every 148 minutes, which is just over 1 in every 1.5 games. 

Then dropping down a level the season before in the Championship he scored 25 league goals in 37 games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So you’d rather spend money on a back up than a player that would challenge Ollie for his starting place.  Not sure how that’s progression.

You keep doing this narrative about  Tammy challenging Ollie for his starting spot. I'd wager decent money Dean Smith isn't interested and the transfer window closes and we haven't signed Tammy 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Oh I understand.  

Given Tammys stats (below) I’m not sure you can justify he’s “no longer good enough for us” and I don’t understand why we can’t have Watkins and Tammy.  It’s a squad game these days not just a team of 11.

Look mate I'm happy to agree to disagree, I don't rate Tammy that highly and I have a lot more faith in Wes than most people. 

I explained before, if Tammy came here he would expect to start. No one except a big signing walks in over Watkins. 

Therefore signing Tammy is untenable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You keep doing this narrative about  Tammy challenging Ollie for his starting spot. I'd wager decent money Dean Smith isn't interested and the transfer window closes and we haven't signed Tammy 

Maybe but the fact that we wanted to sign Callum Wilson and Ollie last summer suggests that Dean and co feel we need two strikers and now this close season we have (potentially dubious) with Tammy suggests that bringing in an additional striker might be on their wish list.

I agree my narrative is about bringing in Tammy because I like him but it's also because we need another striker. I know you dont seem to keen on a competitive depth in a squad by your general narrative on things so naturally you have an opposite view.

Edited by nick76

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Look mate I'm happy to agree to disagree, I don't rate Tammy that highly and I have a lot more faith in Wes than most people. 

I have massive faith in Wes because you will see from the Wes thread how positive I was about him and defended him.  My concern with him now is the length he's been out, he's only had 16 minutes since coming back of which 13 minutes was against Man U in the 5th last game and barely seen after that.  We, as fans, dont know about his fitness, will he every come back properly or anything hence if (and I use if lightly) we are looking for another striker at what we can afford then Tammy is a perfect fit in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I explained before, if Tammy came here he would expect to start.

Where has he every said that.  The best any decent club at the level Tammy would want like us is the opportunity to fight for the shirt.  He would be fighting Ollie with us, Antonio at West Ham, Calvert-Lewin at Everton and you can keep going through the teams.

9 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No one except a big signing walks in over Watkins. 

Nobody is saying that, it's a squad game when we are trying to compete with Top 8 teams and thus nobody walks in over Watkins, they compete for the shirt.  We will have injuries, suspensions, form, tactics and formations can be different that both will get enough game time.  It's not one or the other it's competition and options for the manager depending on what is needed or what happens in the season.

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Therefore signing Tammy is untenable. 

Just not true.  If we had brought Callum Wilson and Ollie last summer like we tried then they would be competing as well

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It maybe the case or it maybe not but let's face it would you complain if Smith and the chiefs signed Tammy?

If the answer is yes you would then really you don't trust the process at Villa and don't see why they would want Tammy. I do actually see alot more reason and positive reason why Tammy would be still wanted at Villa than just to decline him outright.

Personally I don't see how anyone can't see what he'd bring to our squad and why he wouldn't give it his all in a Villa shirt.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I have massive faith in Wes because you will see from the Wes thread how positive I was about him and defended him.  My concern with him now is the length he's been out, he's only had 16 minutes since coming back of which 13 minutes was against Man U in the 5th last game and barely seen after that.  We, as fans, dont know about his fitness, will he every come back properly or anything hence if (and I use if lightly) we are looking for another striker at what we can afford then Tammy is a perfect fit in my opinion.

Where has he every said that.  The best any decent club at the level Tammy would want like us is the opportunity to fight for the shirt.  He would be fighting Ollie with us, Antonio at West Ham, Calvert-Lewin at Everton and you can keep going through the teams.

Nobody is saying that, it's a squad game when we are trying to compete with Top 8 teams and thus nobody walks in over Watkins, they compete for the shirt.  We will have injuries, suspensions, form, tactics and formations can be different that both will get enough game time.  It's not one or the other it's competition and options for the manager depending on what is needed or what happens in the season.

Just not true.  If we had brought Callum Wilson and Ollie last summer like we tried then they would be competing as well

Alright mate, you're in too deep take a breath and drink some water. Anytime you're segmenting my post like that, I ain't reading it.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

why because of price? If price wasn’t a factor would you still feel the same.

Tammy has better stats in the PL than Edouard has in Scotland…massive difference in levels yetTammy out performs.  So your judgement can only be based on price?

I also prefer edouard. His scoring isn't quite on the same level however he is more skillful and I think has more potential to offer something different to Watkins and Wesley. Which I don't think Abraham does. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I found this, think I'll be supporting the women's team more next season lol. She reminds me of Naommi Watts.

45 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I see she's into TikTock.

Womens football is boring as bat shit sort of like mens netball and women commentators, but this is good watching.

Edited by zab6359

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Hey @nick76 I'll bet you a fiver Alisha scores more goals next season than Tammy

What's Alisha's looks discussion got to do with Tammy's fit at Villa and then a bet about goal scoring?

Firstly I've never seen Alisha play and as for Tammy, if he's stuck at Chelsea and out in the wilderness and not getting games then he isnt going to score.  Plus i have no idea what Villa women games are like, whether we are any good or what a typical score line is.  I havent watched Villa women play or any women domestic football.  To be honest I've only ever watched womens football at international tournaments, just not something I've got into otherwise so have no clue if this was a good bet or not.

Just now, nick76 said:

What's Alisha's looks discussion got to do with Tammy's fit at Villa and then a bet about goal scoring?

Firstly I've never seen Alisha play and as for Tammy, if he's stuck at Chelsea and out in the wilderness and not getting games then he isnt going to score.  Plus i have no idea what Villa women games are like, whether we are any good or what a typical score line is.  I havent watched Villa women play or any women domestic football.  To be honest I've only ever watched womens football at international tournaments, just not something I've got into otherwise so have no clue if this was a good bet or not.

It was just a joke mate. It wasn't meant to wind you up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Womens football is boring as bat shit sort of like mens netball and women commentators, but this is good watching.

I don't think women's football is boring mate, I think it has many exciting things about it other than the hotties in shirts, that to the side and I do enjoy watching Villa take on the rest.

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I also prefer edouard. His scoring isn't quite on the same level however he is more skillful and I think has more potential to offer something different to Watkins and Wesley. Which I don't think Abraham does. 

He's not even at the scoring level in a Scottish league as Tammy is in the PL.  That's not a great sign and who knows if he really is that skillful when at a higher level, faster, higher pressure...it could be that he like that at a lower level in the Scottish league but whether it's transferable.   Even Leicester have now looked like passing that up to get a quality striker in Daka.

I think I'd be happier to take proven at our level in Tammy with room to grow over unknown and perceived potential in Edouard