General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

They won't use the automated offside that is in use in the CL and World Cup and instead decide to completely hide the whole process even more than last season. We should be able to hear the audio from every VAR review in real time, the only reason we don't is because they get so much of it wrong and don't want to be called out.

Yes I don't understand why they aren't using the automated offside thing.  Can't be penny-pinching surely when teams are spending £100m on players.  Didn't it give an almost instant decision as well, rendering the not-flagging thing redundant?

Here's the moment the ball is played over the top before Mings gives chase to Isak - two Newcastle players already offside and heading back towards our line, Isak appears ahead of Mings but not Cash. Why no flag? Mings doesn't need to make the run otherwise. I've given up trying to understand the rules tbh.

Screenshot-2023-08-13-at-16-54-13-Newcas

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Here's the moment the ball is played over the top before Mings gives chase to Isak - two Newcastle players already offside and heading back towards our line, Isak appears ahead of Mings but not Cash. Why no flag? Mings doesn't need to make the run otherwise. I've given up trying to understand the rules tbh.

So Isak isn't offside?

The two players in offside positions clearly aren't interfering with play - there's nothing new or inconsistent here, this has been the case for donkeys years.

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Cash looks like he might be playing him on? If Isak is the middle one?

Edited by villan95

Just now, sne said:

Handball rule is just as baffling as the offside rule.

I was about to say exactly the same thing.

You just never know what the officials are thinking. You see that one given a lot, but not today.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh look at that, in the Chelsea vs Liverpool game they're doing lines again. **** sake.

Plus Chelsea not given handball when the defender clearly makes some hand movement towards the ball. Identical situation happens to us they'll award a penalty so quick there will be a rip in the space time continuum. 

• Like 1

The defence is that he "hasn't made himself bigger", so chuck your hands up as much as you like as long as they're in line with your body. Like offside, the modern handball rule is a farce.

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The defence is that he "hasn't made himself bigger", so chuck your hands up as much as you like as long as they're in line with your body. Like offside, the modern handball rule is a farce.

Yeah, sounds like you can now punch the ball clear as long as your fist is in front of your chest.

The non Sky teams at the next PL meeting need to demand wholesale changes to VAR. It's gone beyond obviously bias into outright blatant corruption now. The non Penalty at Man U is just the final straw. Both commentators said it's a penalty. The only people in the entire universe who thought no penalty was The Ref and VAR. 

• Like 3

Games rigged yo

Starting to wonder what is the point in it all. We can buy all the players and coach them right and support them til we are blue in the face but this league is simply not a level playing field . Disgusting and corrupt and I hate myself for being so emotionally invested in it!

15 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I just give up tbh. Not sure I can be arsed with this season. 

Its actually wound me up a fair bit and Villa aren't even involved.

I would make more decisions that fans agree with than the current VAR lot do. Why are they creating rules and loopholes, like with handball, that fans just hate? Just keep it simple.

This whole "Clear and obvious" thing needs to go as well, just make it consistent. That Chelsea game yesterday they were saying if the penalty was given against them it would stand but it wont be given by VAR. Why not just make it so that everytime that identical situation happens we get the same results? If its the on field ref or VAR makes no difference, just have some consistency and make actual correct decisions. It's so simple but it's ran by clowns who have no actual football knowledge and have never played the game.

The two pens at Brighton were the same, given on field so stand, but wouldn't be given by VAR. How is this a good way to get consistency? 

21 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Its actually wound me up a fair bit and Villa aren't even involved.

I would make more decisions that fans agree with than the current VAR lot do. Why are they creating rules and loopholes, like with handball, that fans just hate? Just keep it simple.

This whole "Clear and obvious" thing needs to go as well, just make it consistent. That Chelsea game yesterday they were saying if the penalty was given against them it would stand but it wont be given by VAR. Why not just make it so that everytime that identical situation happens we get the same results? If its the on field ref or VAR makes no difference, just have some consistency and make actual correct decisions. It's so simple but it's ran by clowns who have no actual football knowledge and have never played the game.

The two pens at Brighton were the same, given on field so stand, but wouldn't be given by VAR. How is this a good way to get consistency? 

It isn't clear and obvious anymore, it's 'high bar for intervention'

Clearly each team has a different bar

Â