Midweek Football 17/21 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Even Sheffield United scored more this season v the last 5 teams Liverpool have played!

I had a feeling start of season they might not make top 4 given how badly they defended v Leeds but then they went on a good run (bar our game) and looked pretty comfortable so looked a silly prediction. Now though....

Got Spurs and Man. City in next 4 games aswell so could be well down the league.

could be 6th by the next time they play

Just now, Keyblade said:

Ah I see an offside on Wood there for challenging for a header from an offside position. Very consistent.

Barely even a challenge either, allowed defender to head the ball first

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Even when they were top they were struggling in games missing a spark. They needed to build in the summer instead of being like a happy one time champions

They need a new front 3...and they can't afford it, they need to replace firmino and then buy the long term replacement for salah, that's potentially £100m for 2 players and unless Bournemouth come up and buy their tea lady I don't think they'll do it 

Just now, andym said:

Barely even a challenge either, allowed defender to head the ball first

Yeah, he lost the header, Liverpool retained possession for a couple more passes, but they still blew and brought it back for the free kick. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

They need a new front 3...and they can't afford it, they need to replace firmino and then buy the long term replacement for salah, that's potentially £100m for 2 players and unless Bournemouth come up and buy their tea lady I don't think they'll do it 

You're forgetting Jota. He will be a better player than either Salah or Mané, mark my words.

But yes they desperately need to replace Firmino who flatters to deceive.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

sure Mbappe is coming ;) 

Goes in cycles I guess. They have a had a great 3 years but look like the fire has gone. A few weeks ago they looked like they would run away with the league, now we are talking about not making the top 4.  Tottenham and Chelsea have had bad spells too.  Leiester had a bad run and now are on a good one.  Who knows, but it looks like its between the two Manchester clubs with Leicester an outside bet. Moyes is doing a great job at west Ham too. They could be in the mix for top 4. 

You love it don't you 😀 Unfortunately though Klopp has won the champions league and Premier League with them, so no matter what happens from now on in,  he will be seen as a success there

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You love it don't you 😀 Unfortunately though Klopp has won the champions league and Premier League with them, so no matter what happens from now on in,  he will be seen as a success there

No its breaking my heart ;) 

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why? You want Yanited or Citeh to win the league?

Not at all (or Liverpool) but it will shut the plastic Scousers up at work. 

Can you seriously say you didn't get any enjoyment from tonight's result?!? 

Edited by theboyangel

No its breaking my heart ;) 

I don't want Man City or Man U to win it either. Leicester to do it again yes but then everybody would be eulogising about that dwarf. Sorry if thats offensive to short-people. 

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't want Man City or Man U to win it either. Leicester to do it again yes but then everybody would be eulogising about that dwarf. Sorry if thats offensive to short-people. 

Animated GIF

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I see no escape for Fulham or West Brom. 

Brighton and Burnley look to have what it takes

Fulham got a chance, they are far better now than they were early on this season. Struggle for wins, but play well and went 5 games unbeaten before they met Chelsea and United. 
Their three next games are Brighton WBA and Burnley.  

Â