Midweek Football 17/21 January

andykeenan

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Rule 1.7: "No Club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract to acquire the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in League Matches"

Cannot see how it's not a clear violation.

It's the west ham way

A token fine and dont do it again incoming.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think my granny could score the winner against Fulham to be fair

Considering no one scored a winner against Fulham in their previous 5 league games, why isn't your gran playing in the Premier League then?

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Worst win % of any manager in the Abramovich era. It's crazy how much leeway former players get.

I think last season he did alright considering they couldn't sign anyone to replace Hazard and they fire untested youth at premier league level in pretty much every position.

Top 4 was a decent run and they ran into Bayern Munich in CL although they weren't going close to winning that anyway.

Should be doing way better this season though. History shows Roman sacks the coach when top 4 starts to drift, ditched Di Matteo, Scolari and AVB all mid season when that happened so don't think Lampard will be any different seeing as they're rumours they've sounded out Tuchel to get more out of the German players.

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Can you be offside on a goalkick? Or is it treated like a throwin?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsH5Px5XEAgrqxJ?format=jpg&name=large

No you can't be offside from a goal kick.  I thought it was a recent change but it's actually been like that since 1866 apparently.

Lampard just seems like a manager that doesn't really know what his style is and got so many tempting options he can't find a tactic and personnel to stick with.  

• Thanks 1

to be fair Leicester spent half of last season in the top 4 before throwing it all away, way too early to judge them

and the "big 6" or the "sky 6" pull out the accounts, or even just how often sky sticks them on TV, if you take the last full season 19/20 wolves and west ham were on more than leicester, they're 8th on wage bill,  they're 9th in income, they were £200m off arsenal pre corona, arsenal's match day and commercial revenue is more than Leicester's total revenue...

the jump to these "big 6" is astronomical, its very much still real

• Like 1

Â