Midweek Football 17/21 January

andykeenan

14 hours ago, Tegis said:

Can you be offside on a goalkick? Or is it treated like a throwin?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsH5Px5XEAgrqxJ?format=jpg&name=large

Nope. I used to exploit this rule all the time when I played upfront, defenders at Sunday level seem to forget quite often or they’re an inexperienced ringer, great for winning headers or if your keeper can actually kick the ball because the opposition never expect it.

• Like 1

I know its cool to hate Burnley, but I kind of love them.

Big fan of how much Dyche gets out of this squad and I wouldn't mind him getting a chance at a bigger club. Obviously he might fail and everybody will sit back and call him Tony Pulis but I think he's one of the better English managers.

• Like 4

Colin picks Firminio (sp?) in his fantasy team, Klopp drops Firminio. 

There are many reasons to hate this bratwurst sucking cock womble but tonight is the last straw 🤣

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jurgen Klopp had a bit of a hissy fit at half time and tried to start a fight with Sean Dyche.

Liverpool are not winning against Burnley.

Those two facts are not linked. Perish the thought.

not Jurgen happy man Klopp, laughs all the time and loves everything. Must be somebody else

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I know its cool to hate Burnley, but I kind of love them.

Big fan of how much Dyche gets out of this squad and I wouldn't mind him getting a chance at a bigger club. Obviously he might fail and everybody will sit back and call him Tony Pulis but I think he's one of the better English managers.

I think he has a little bit more to him than Pulis, I dont mind Burnley though Mee on Wesley left a bad taste. I do like them too in that they are different and they piss off people with there style. They are awkward to play against whether your Leeds, Liverpool or Barnet

Had a great away day at burnley, we had the cricket club before the game with silly cheap drinks and the just over 4k in the whole stand 

Was brilliant right up until the football started, that was a game where some sleeping was done, I'm sure Joe Cole scored and everyone got booed off which vlaar took offence to, hazy memory, either way really enjoyed it

Don't buy in to the deserve to be there stuff, they've at least tried to progress

• Like 1

They are very well run financially and Dyche has done great with what’s available, the football is just turgid. Players like Mee are detestable. Would still happily see them go down. But watching Liverpool struggle will never not be entertaining. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Think we maybe in for some dire football later on in the season from everybody. 

2 teams played a thriller last night, one of them just recovered from Covid. Just some dull teams in the Premier League doesnt mean everybody is poor to watch

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

2 teams played a thriller last night, one of them just recovered from Covid. Just some dull teams in the Premier League doesnt mean everybody is poor to watch

Just think without crowds and with such a short season break, tired players we are going to get an awful lot of dull games.

Â