Midweek Football 17/21 January

andykeenan

I remember years back Ashley Young didn't play v us and then we signed him on the Monday. Can also remember Tim Howard not playing for Everton v Man United after his move was made permanent but can't think of much since so could be interesting watching how this plays out...

Just now, VillaChris said:

I remember years back Ashley Young didn't play v us and then we signed him on the Monday. Can also remember Tim Howard not playing for Everton v Man United after his move was made permanent but can't think of much since so could be interesting watching how this plays out...

They got punished for the Tim Howard incident, Yong is totally different.

Just now, VillaChris said:

The Howard one I believe became an issue in the end. I remember that. Massive game this was for the Baggies and silly that they couldn’t play one of their best players. 

• Like 1

Just now, deeps said:

The Howard one I believe became an issue in the end. I remember that. Massive game this was for the Baggies and silly that they couldn’t play one of their best players. 

Well.... they could have unless it’s a written agreement but even if it was what could WHU do take it to court and expose what they had done? I don’t think so.

If you ask me Fat Sam just through his former employers under a bus intentionally.

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

West Ham 6 ahead of us. Having games in hand is great but pressure is on now to perform in the next 4-5 games to catch them (playing them helps). 

It's a real pain this games in hand situation. We could either be 11th or top, or anything inbetween. Its kind of pointless looking at the table for us right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Rule 1.7: "No Club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract to acquire the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in League Matches"

Cannot see how it's not a clear violation.

No question it’s a breach, only question is what is the punishment

Â