Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You've lost credibility mentioning McGinn giving 8/9 out of 10 performances. That just doesn't happen. PS a midfielder doesn't need to give standout performances, would be great if they could just help us keep the ball.

Are you suggesting McGinn has never given 8/9 out of 10 performances? I’m not sure that’s credible personally. Wasn’t he being raved about early on under Gerrard to the point where Gerrard made some joke about friends in the media and trying to highlight other players were doing well, because all anyone wanted to ask him about was what a player McGinn is.

Has McGinn been pretty inconsistent, especially of late when he’s not come close to 8/9 of of 10s? Definitely. But he’s absolutely had very good, motm performances before as well, even under Gerrard, and I think to suggest otherwise is silly.

A consistent solid 7 out of 10 that helps us keep the ball would be great. I’d argue that’s not Sanson at least as shown in his performances for us. His passing stats, even at Marseille, would back this up.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It's his head on the line, but form comes and goes, Ramsey was overplayed last season, McGinn seems to be having a crisis of form/confidence so far this season, a little more rotation and man management last season and he could of had a decent midfielder ready to come in and help out right now. That is not currently the case, I don't know if he was expecting another signing in midfield, but I see no benefit in ostracising Sanson either way. It's poor man management.

Agree on Ramsey last season and McGinn of late. The Ramsey point actually is probably the more relevant here and the Sanson vs McGinn a bit of a pointless distraction because I think, at least offensively, Sanson is closer to Ramsey and a better direct replacement in the system for him than McGinn. I think it’s a fairer argument that Sanson should have got more time when Ramsey was clearly overplayed and struggling, than it is to suggest Sanson over McGinn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Are you suggesting McGinn has never given 8/9 out of 10 performances? I’m not sure that’s credible personally. Wasn’t he being raved about early on under Gerrard to the point where Gerrard made some joke about friends in the media and trying to highlight other players were doing well, because all anyone wanted to ask him about was what a player McGinn is.

Has McGinn been pretty inconsistent, especially of late when he’s not come close to 8/9 of of 10s? Definitely. But he’s absolutely had very good, motm performances before as well, even under Gerrard, and I think to suggest otherwise is silly.

A consistent solid 7 out of 10 that helps us keep the ball would be great. I’d argue that’s not Sanson at least as shown in his performances for us. His passing stats, even at Marseille, would back this up.

I'm saying McGinn's more likely to put in a 4/5 out of 10 than an 8/9 out of 10.

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The brightest time we’ve had as villa fans has been turned into a toxic mess 

what a shame 

Indeed.

All the work Smith did to unify the dressing room and club-fan connection has been throughly trampled and for what?

Back to the bomb squad days with a Sherwood-esque fraud.

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Agree on Ramsey last season and McGinn of late. The Ramsey point actually is probably the more relevant here and the Sanson vs McGinn a bit of a pointless distraction because I think, at least offensively, Sanson is closer to Ramsey and a better direct replacement in the system for him than McGinn. I think it’s a fairer argument that Sanson should have got more time when Ramsey was clearly overplayed and struggling, than it is to suggest Sanson over McGinn.

I think Sanson would be a decent rotation option with Ramsey if given the chance, not a direct replacement as such, but tactically we'd become more flexible with that extra option and it would allow Ramsey a bit of rest when needed. If he hit a patch of good form then all the better, but as things are right now I things it's wrong to expect 8/9/10 performances when he's played so little, and had so little faith shown in him. I wouldn't be surprised if a new manager came in and he got a new lease of life, and equally I wouldn't be surprised if he never played for us again.

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

what a shame 

Was thinking just this earlier today. Hard to believe but also somehow typical. 

As recently as kickoff v Bournemouth I was walking on clouds. 

Dream deferred yet again. Back to gloom and dread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He hasnt earnt any more playing time. He is awful. This dud is on Lange, Purslow and Deano. We cant even shift this deadwood on loan to Turkey. Thats how crap he is.

A worse signing that Habib Beye.

This is exactly why there needs to be a reaction that indicates bad, and doesn't result in this post getting labelled "popular". What utter rubbish.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

what a shame 

It's really sad. I really thought Villa were onto something special. Even if we sacked the coach, we'd be able to bring in someone to slot right in and pick up where he left off. That was supposed to be the model. Instead we got someone who's running it all into the ground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

As fans who put time and money into this club, I think we deserve to know exactly WHY Morgan Sanson isn't even considered in the first team picture?

good luck with that request.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I see Sanson is suffering from a serious case of Salifou syndrome

No and thats a lazy comparison. Sanson looked great at Marseille and OK here im his limited game time but Captain Clown prefers funny man McGinn and hasnt had a chance 

Truth is our manager is a poison and a liar

• Like 1

Â