Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The situation happened Saturday didn’t it? Unless I misread your post. 

Not really. Gerrard chose to bring him on for Ramsey. Sanson would have been a better option for that role if he was on the bench. 

The fact a whole load of injuries happened around the same time still wouldn't have required Young. Team shape with Sanson on the bench instead of Young:

Chambers Konsa Mings Digne

Kamara

Sanson mcginn

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not really. Gerrard chose to bring him on for Ramsey. Sanson would have been a better option for that role if he was on the bench. 

The fact a whole load of injuries happened around the same time still wouldn't have required Young. Team shape with Sanson on the bench instead of Young:

Chambers Konsa Mings Digne

Kamara

Sanson mcginn

But I though he bought Young on for Cash so  Chambers could play in the middle. Chambers ended up making a crucial block and last ditch tackle.

His decisions got us the points.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Instead of who?  Subs against Everton were Olsen, Chambers, Augustinsson, Young, Konsa, Buendia, Luiz, Archer and Bailey.  

Who are you dropping to get Sanson in?

Any of the two CBs/FBs. Obviously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But I though he bought Young on for Cash so  Chambers could play in the middle. Chambers ended up making a crucial block and last ditch tackle.

According to Villas own social media account Cash was replaced by Young.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Risso said:

Morgan Sanson hasn't been fancied by either Dean Smith or Steven Gerrard, so maybe he's just not very good?

I'd rather go with what I've seen of Sanson myself, rather than trust the judgement of someone who thinks McGinn has to play full 90 every game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, M_Afro said:

If Sanson is so good (he’s not) why aren’t clubs knocking down our door to sign him on a cut price deal? He’s just not the player that anybody hoped he would be. The best we can hope for is a loan with a high percentage of his wages covered.

Good players aren't always highly coveted when they've been out of match practise for so long.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

OK, but my point remains the shape i proposed looks stronger than having young take up any spot on the pitch.

Chambers messed up by letting the ball run, requiring him to make the last ditch tackle on the man behind him that then got on to the loose ball. That could very easily have conceded a penalty. It didn't on this occasion, but I wouldn't call that an example of good defending.

And if you want Chambers in the middle, Konsa can play right back too. We have no need for Young on the bench. 

Edited by MrBlack

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t a very exceptional footballer do this? 
I don’t think it took too much footballing nous to put on Emi imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Two good managers and playing staffs have concluded he isnt a good fit. No idea what the reason is but it is what it is. Hopefully we can get some money for him.

So what if he started him and he wasn’t as effective for whatever reason. Different dynamic to game etc. I’m not giving Gerrard credit for subs. But when we lose he gets hammered for every one of his decisions. When we win he gets hammered then too lol.

Point was about Sanson anyway.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So what if he started him and he wasn’t as effective for whatever reason. Different dynamic to game etc. I’m not giving Gerrard credit for subs. But when we lose we gets hammered for everyone of his decisions. When we win he gets hammered then too lol.

Point was about Sanson anyway.

I thought Sanson played pretty good whenever he has come on but I am not a coach. I assume he doesnt fit what Deano or Gerrard are trying to do with the team shape. Could be his passing, pressing, stamina, tactical discipline,  but for whatever reason he doesnt seem to be a fit for us. Sucks for him and us but it is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I thought Sanson played pretty good whenever he has come on but I am not a coach. I assume he doesnt fit what Deano or Gerrard are trying to do with the team shape. Could be his passing, pressing, stamina, tactical discipline,  but for whatever reason he doesnt seem to be a fit for us. Sucks for him and us but it is what it is. 

His pressing and passing have been quality when he's played he made one mistake at home against united and he has a turn of pace.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Sansons had plenty of chances 

your joking right or crazy he's had an awful time at villa and not been given any chance.

I'd hardly call the opinion of Dean Smith and clueless Gerrard as a high pillar of deciding he's not good enough when neither gave him a fair chance. Look at How many chances mcginn, Luiz and Ramsey have had you cannot compare those 3 and sanson in terms of playing.

Edited by villan501

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Instead of who?  Subs against Everton were Olsen, Chambers, Augustinsson, Young, Konsa, Buendia, Luiz, Archer and Bailey.  

You really don’t need a replacement back 4. Only one cb needed 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Young is 4 million years old.

So him.

I would even say Timmy should replace young.

• Like 1

Â