Formula One - 2021

BOF

29 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Those 2 rosberg incidents happened in 2014, 2 years before he won the title

As per the post above about whoever wins the title usually deserves it, as much as I love kimi the year he did win it, 2007 was by 1 point, mclaren bollocksed that championship with alonso and Hamilton by not prioritising a driver

I would have bet good money that was the 2016 season, just read a quick review of their rivalry, tense to say the least and you are bang on, both of those were 2014. Still plenty happened in 2016, namely Lewis engine probs. Apologies to Mr M above, I thought Rosberg was out of order a fair bit in 16 but not as bad a s I remembered it, still a bugger though.

Wouldn't begrudge Kimi, probably the Driver I like most, I respect others ability but Kiimi is special, top man.

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So do Red Bull risk if he has gearbox damage or do they play safe and replace it?

The logical thing would be to replace it, knowing with almost certainty that MV would make up the dropped grid places.

it’s too big a risk to race with a damaged gearbox which could result in no points for the race.

I’m wondering if Bottas’ leaving Mercedes present will be to take out MV on the first corner… 😬

• Like 1

How much can Bottas help Lewis today off the grid?

Is it one where you can move straight across and interfere with Verstappen's line or is there room for Verstappen to pick his own line into turn 1?

I must admit, I hadn't really noticed the width of the start/finish line and grid area during qualifying.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

That could be a big moment. Can’t really blame Mercedes’ there, but it’s played into Max’ hands perfectly 

A great title battle looking likely to be largely decided by a red flag