Formula One - 2021

BOF

23 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Cracks me up that every week people genuinely seem to think Max sets out every race to murder Lewis

That’s a straw man though isn’t it. Nobody thinks that. 

I think Max sets out to win the race fair and square. 

But I also think that Max will race too aggressively to keep his position and is willing to put himself in a position where he will cause a collision rather than be overtaken. 

I don’t know why people are still finding it hard to see that he’s like this. He has always raced like this in F1

He’s a fantastic talent and he’s almost certainly a future world champion. 
But he’s also a petulant word removed and his driving too often crosses the line of “daring and exciting” into “stupid and dangerous”

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Max is ahead because he has won more races

Literally the only situation that matters now is if they finish in 9th and 10th with 10th having the fastest lap or both DNF.

Whoever is ahead takes it unless there’s a crash taking them both out which benefits Max. which was the original point.

Edited by a m ole

Well the race was crap with the only saving grace of the two red flags was being able to watch the 2nd half of the football.

I am torn on street circuits because I like Singapore but the circuit today and others like Monaco are not fit for purpose for modern day racing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Cracks me up that every week people genuinely seem to think Max sets out every race to murder Lewis

I've watched and been a formula 1 fan for 25 years now, it's all about opinions as is life in the free world but for me I've never seen a driver be so talented and quick as verstappen is but coupled with the aggression to never want to concede a place

If you go back to when he started in f1, it's the same driving style, I'm putting the car here, if you want to crash that's up to you, but I'm not backing out

Not the first, Schumacher was a cheating bastard and senna and prost knew what they were doing when the crashed deciding titles

I personally don't like how he drives, it's dangerous, has already caused multiple collisions over the last 8 years in f1, do you ever think, why does max get these penalties?

It's cus he deserves them

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

If you go back to when he started in f1, it's the same driving style, I'm putting the car here, if you want to crash that's up to you, but I'm not backing out

100%

I remember that battle between him and Ricciardo at Baku when they were teammates. Ricciardo was having to basically drive to avoid Max. I was shocked it took so long for them to collide

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

It's cus he deserves them

If anything he got off lightly today

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

100%

I remember that battle between him and Ricciardo at Baku when they were teammates. Ricciardo was having to basically drive to avoid Max. I was shocked it took so long for them to collide

If anything he got off lightly today

Personally, I think he gets off lightly every time he causes an incident

He said after the race "this isn't racing" no its formula 1, if you want to break late and cut corners try touring cars max

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Money on MV causing a crash in the final race, taking both him and LH out and thus winning himself the championship? 

Stewards should have given him a suspended points deduction to avoid this in the last race. 

• Like 2

I have to watch F1 with Dutch commentary.  It's erm,  special in that it is utterly clueless.

They seem to have worked out Lewis is the better driver so when Max cheats he is being clever,  then they don't understand the penalties against Max yesterday and think its fixed.

They see nothing wrong in anything Max does.  They were waiting for a fastest lap from Max yesterday once he had managed to damage Lewis's car but it didn't happen.

Max will do anythng to win including putting peoples lives at risk.  That's the difference between the 2.  

Race control had a bit of a mare didn't they? Particularly that strange offer of the alternate lineup on the restart where they seem to have totally forgotten about Ocon being between Max and Lewis when the race was stopped.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

In hindsight they should have told Lewis first that they were going to tell Max to give the place back, then told Max to do it. 

I'm not sure they told Max first officially. The radio message to max was something like "Let's give that place back" or something. I think they decided themselves to give it back but I could be wrong

• Thanks 1