Midweek Football 28/30 December

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Johnstone's positioning there.... Covering the goal and being where he was has zero difference in terms of being available for the pass

Bizarre wasn’t it.

Zero benefit to leaving the goal completely unmanned there. Romaine getting the ball pinched off him  would have resulted in an empty goal also.

Romaine Sawyers shouldn't be used as a DM, I've no idea why West Brom play him there he's way to laid back and casual on the ball, they just about got away with it in the championship but he'll get caught out in the premier league. He's actually a decent player, but needs to be used in the same way he was with Brentford which is further forward.

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Bizarre wasn’t it.

Zero benefit to leaving the goal completely unmanned there. Romaine getting the ball pinched off him  would have resulted in an empty goal also.

I get making the angle, I do it on my stints in goal in 6 a side, but that was just odd.

Just now, Davkaus said:

3-0 Leeds, and still 10 men behind the ball from Albion. They're going to get completely ****.

It’s not good for Sam, his plan seems to rely on riding their luck for long periods and nicking a late goal. If they concede multiple goals early then there’s nowhere to go really.

Â