Midweek Football 28/30 December

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Skruff said:

He doesn't see him and kicks just as he rolls into the kick. No way it's intentional 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

its a genuine attempt to score though, looks terrible in slow motion but unless he is a complete psychopath then is no intention to hurt the guy

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This. Absolutely no way that was intentional.

Intent doesn't matter. It's careless, it's dangerous. It's a red card.

• Like 2

Upon re-reading my post though I can see that by using the term "disgusting" it might have seemed I was suggesting it was intentional, I was more talking about the decision. I don't for a moment think he deliberately volleyed a player in the head. 

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Stunning goal by Leeds there

I’m pretty annoyed that I have Amazon Prime but watching the sport has a massive lag on it. Must be 3 or 4 minutes behind other people watching the same channel on the same way.

Just now, Genie said:

I’m pretty annoyed that I have Amazon Prime but watching the sport has a massive lag on it. Must be 3 or 4 minutes behind other people watching the same channel on the same way.

Have you tried "Jump to live" (under the cog)? I was watching a game with about 20 minutes delay because I had accidentally started from the beginning. 

Just now, Genie said:

It varies a lot definitely. Streaming isn't really like broadcast TV where everybody gets the picture at the same time.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think it is personally, the guys on the floor and sits up moving into the path of his boot. Never a red.

He's volleyed a player in the head. If we can't agree on that being a red, we're not going to agree on anything :D 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Have you tried "Jump to live" (under the cog)? I was watching a game with about 20 minutes delay because I had accidentally started from the beginning. 

Yeah. I’ve also tried it via the inbuilt Amazon Prime app in my TV and also via an Amazon fire stick. Always 2-4 minutes behind in every one of the games I’ve watched.

Its even later than my goal app that is a couple of minutes behind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's volleyed a player in the head. If we can't agree on that being a red, we're not going to agree on anything :D 

Its only dangerous play as to where the defenders head is compared to the ball. If both are standing up its dangerous play. Its a genuine attempt to play the ball and the defender is an unnatural position

The ref at most can give a free out if he is being generous

Just now, Zatman said:

Its only dangerous play as to where the defenders head is compared to the ball. If both are standing up its dangerous play. Its a genuine attempt to play the ball and the defender is an unnatural position

The ref at most can give a free out if he is being generous

Players have a duty to consider their opponents when playing the ball. A classic example is the bicycle kick, you're allowed to do them, but if you try one with a player next to the ball, it's dangerous and you're off. I'm not sure why it matters whether the opponent is standing or sitting. 

Â