Midweek Football 28/30 December

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The same with a headbutt really. David Luiz charged in on Raul Jimenez and delivered a headbutt that fractured his skull.

Do that outside a pub and you’re looking at potential prison time. Do it on the pitch and it’s not even a foul.

It’s mad that a late tackle on someone’s legs is punished much more harshly than a bad challenge on someone’s head. 

Luiz went for the ball, he didn't run in a deliver a headbutt and you really can't compare a clash of heads on a football pitch with headbutting someone outside a pub.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

it was practically guaranteed

Well yeah, but Allardyce managed to steal points against Plop and City so you never know. And Newcastle does it far more often than should be possible.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Well yeah, but Allardyce managed to steal points against Plop and City so you never know. And Newcastle does it far more often than should be possible.

that he did it against Plop is surely a blip. Newcastle have higher quality than WBA tbf so that likely plays a huge part in that. Honestly annoying though XD.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Luiz went for the ball, he didn't run in a deliver a headbutt and you really can't compare a clash of heads on a football pitch with headbutting someone outside a pub.

He didn’t get the ball did he? 

If you go in late with a two footed challenge and break a players leg, saying “I was going for the ball guv!” doesn’t get you off a red card but a late challenge with your head where you break a players skull (instead of just their leg) and apparently that’s all fine. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He didn’t get the ball did he? 

If you go in late with a two footed challenge and break a players leg, saying “I was going for the ball guv!” doesn’t get you off a red card but a late challenge with your head where you break a players skull (instead of just their leg) and apparently that’s all fine. 

I didn't say it was fine, its a free kick I just don't think its a red.

That incident isn't comparable to a late two footed tackle.

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Can't decide who I want to win.

Wolves.

They will finish well below us this season, and other than a few fans (as with any team) they are a likeble club that plays interesting football.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I didn't say it was fine, its a free kick I just don't think its a red.

It should be. It’s totally reckless to charge in like that and clatter your opponent and would be a red if he’d if he’d gone feet first instead of head first. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

It should be. It’s totally reckless to charge in like that and clatter your opponent and would be a red if he’d if he’d gone feet first instead of head first. 

Sorry, you've lost me. What incident are you talking about? The one tonight?

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Wolves.

They will finish well below us this season, and other than a few fans (as with any team) they are a likeble club that plays interesting football.

Man Utd losing might pump them up for Friday though. I think I'll settle for a boring 0-0 as it bodes well for us if this line-up can't score.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd have to watch it again but from memory I don't think that was even a foul from Luiz they simply clashed heads.

Jimenez clears the corner with a header. Luiz charged in on him from a long way out, missed the ball completely and fractured his skull with a head butt. 

If the ball was on the ground and Luiz had charged in with a two footed tackle, got there late missing the ball but broke Jimenez’s leg instead of his skull it wouldn’t be a discussion, it would be a red card. 

Â