Boxing Day Weekend Football 26/27 December

andykeenan

Burnley very poor in the first half, didn't look like a team that's just taken eight points from Villa, Everton, Wolves and Arsenal. Leeds weren't particularly good themselves but didn't really have to be. Although Barnes' goal should have stood, or they at least should have had a penalty, wonder now if the referee will try and even it up in the second half if there's a contentious decision to be made.

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Meslier fouled Mee and punched Wood in the face. He's getting way too much protection from the ref. I'd like to see keepers punished more.

Pope gets the ball and gives a pen. Keepers don't need more protection, just need more consistency from refs.

All I'll be thinking is Leeds grind out a 1-0 here is what a fraud Lambert was for inflicting 15-0 on us over xmas 2012. And we continued collapsing over the next two months with the Bradford cup games (shudders). One of the most horrible periods supporting this club.

List is surprisingly long of clubs who can get a 1-0 win after being thrashed the week before.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

One of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen this. I'm not one to side with Brunley and Dyche but I'd be **** raging.

Absolutely. This is mental, and the kind of crap VAR should be preventing. 

People say they want the PL refs demoted because they're shite, well, to do that, you have to promote others. This is what you get :D It's this ref's 4th ever PL game.

It's going to get increasingly difficult too, as refs don't get any proper VAR experience until working in the PL, and have to work against their instincts of flagging/blowing the whistle that they've honed over years in lower leagues.

Â