Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I hope the fixture *cough* computer *cough* (does anyone actually think the fixtures are random any more?) gives us them at home first next season. The next game is going to be a heated afair and its location will be important, if its at our place I can see one or two of their lot earning themselves a red card.

well since the blosers have come up we have been away each time first , and return game at villa park apart from once. dont know if thats coincedence or not

but yeah if its at the sty first i reckon we wont get absolutely any decisions based on this game at villa park and the amount of coverage its getting

The amount of "Grandlsam Sundays" they end up having (although to be fair that doesn't seem to have happened much this season) has made me doubt the randomness of the computer.

Exactly. That cannot be pure luck that is manipulation on behalf of Sky and if they do it for those fixtures for the benefit of TV I'm sure others are arranged as well.

I realise the huge amount of considerations that need to be taken into account but beyond this required intervention I personally think there is some additional intervention along the way for less wholesome reasons.

I never read the Birmingham Mail but, as I was flying Monday evening, I picked one up off the free stand.

In it is the most curious quote that has been bandied about on this subject:

'However, TV replays showed that Johnson clearly won the ball with his sliding tackle and that it was not a foul'

How do you 'win' something?

If you 'win' something you take possession, it belongs to you.

A 'ball winner' in footie parlance is generally a midfielder who dispossesses an opponent and takes control of the ball, and then distributes it to a team mate.

Confused souls might even consider that, had Johnson got a good tackle in and dramatically changed the direction of the ball away from goal, then he may have 'won' the ball, but he didn't.

The same souls may consider that had he performed the tackle that he did, made excellent contact with the ball to the point that it immediately thumped the advertising hoardings, then that would consititute 'winning' the ball, but again, he didn't

He didn't do any of those things so we 'won' the game and took possession of all 3 points.

And the dirty, ill disciplined bunch of knuckledraggers should just shut up about it and concentrate on their Joe Hart-less relegation fight for next season.

Tought you might like this taken from the Generals page from Enda ,

General,

I am proud that Aston Villa has such an honourable history of showing compassion and a sense of charity to the wider community.

I know of a young man who lives in Birmingham and things have not gone very well for him this past year. I don't want to get into all the details but it really is quite a sad story the way things have turned out. Would it be possible to organise for the first-team to all sign a home shirt and send it to:

Mr. Craig Gardner

St. Andrew's Stadium

Birmingham

B9 4RL

I'm sure it would do him the world of good.

Best,

Enda

Just watching it back and they really are a disgrace as a team. Just got to the part where one of their players is down and we played on and win a corner. Larsson and Johnson go up to Downing and have a go, as if he's going to kick the ball out when he's in a crossing position.

Joe Hart comes over and pushes the pair of tossers away, gives Johnson a dirty look and pats Downing on the back. You can tell he aint a proper sha player.

Was that the one where he was down on the half way line, rolling around wanting us to put the ball out, then when we play on leapt up and sprinted to try and win the ball back? Absolutely pathetic. Not sure who it was that was down, seem to remember it being over near the doug-outs.

Yes, that was the one. I think he was on about the edge of the box as Downing crossed it, so he clearly couldn't have been that bloody hurt if he managed to run that far!

The recent phenomenon of 'putting the ball out' really pisses me off. Just play on FFS. They did it when Petrov got t.watted in the face with the ball but then whined when we carried on

Because they are stupid halfwit clearings in the woods, who now have Stephen Carr in their legend status, because he made a rude gesture to fans.

WOW, what a legend indeed. Small time club.

The amount of "Grandlsam Sundays" they end up having (although to be fair that doesn't seem to have happened much this season) has made me doubt the randomness of the computer.

There hasn't been a grand slam sunday in at least two seasons. Indeed, I don't think there's been one since Setanta/ESPN got PL rights (because it's better for Sky to spread the top 4 clashes throughout the year to keep viewers from deciding to drop Sky Sports for a month and make do with Setanta/ESPN).

I hope the fixture *cough* computer *cough* (does anyone actually think the fixtures are random any more?) gives us them at home first next season. The next game is going to be a heated afair and its location will be important, if its at our place I can see one or two of their lot earning themselves a red card.

well since the blosers have come up we have been away each time first , and return game at villa park apart from once. dont know if thats coincedence or not

but yeah if its at the sty first i reckon we wont get absolutely any decisions based on this game at villa park and the amount of coverage its getting

we have being away from home 1st in everhy premier league season against the scum

There hasn't been a grand slam sunday in at least two seasons. Indeed, I don't think there's been one since Setanta/ESPN got PL rights (because it's better for Sky to spread the top 4 clashes throughout the year to keep viewers from deciding to drop Sky Sports for a month and make do with Setanta/ESPN).

Which just goes to show the fixtures aren'r random.

Classic example is the re-arranged game for Man City vs Spurs, neither had any Cup commitments, what we'll do as there both chasing a top 4 place we'll put it in the final week as a 'Champions League Play-Off' Thats why i so badly want Villa to win, as could you imagine the wankfest on Wednesday with Keys and Mob.

we have being away from home 1st in everhy premier league season against the scum

other than that one year when we played them at VP just before xmas and got dominated, when sorenson started taking a leaf out of enckelmans book

2004 or 2005 or something

yeah the 2-2 was the season before, it was as bad as the losses

iirc we messed around with the midfield after going 2-0 and then just sat back. And Angel missed an absolute sitter from a rare counter attack towards the end

Even when we lost 7-1 and pride was lost being professionals there was no bad behaviour or abuse, instead we knuckled down stuck together and moved on - perhaps your right and the gulf in class of the individuals is evident and we only sign players with the right attitude.

Â