Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats the penalty if guilty anyone know?

The best punishment would to force them to have the exact same ownership situation for the next 100 years. Change nothing. 

Purgatory for the boyz from the city. 

Mate.

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a club not declaring who owns them is unprecedented, so hard to say, but seems pretty serious to me, there's obviously a very good reason why they have the Proper and Fit Persons tests in the first place, so if someone has skipped that process it's not going to be taken lightly especially as it seems he wouldn't have passed that test if he had have taken it.

Above article says if they're found guilty there could be a range of punishments from 'a warning for a clerical oversight to more significant punishments including a fine or points deduction for deliberate obfuscation', pretty sure it's more serious than a 'clerical oversight'.

I think the more worrying thing for them is what happens with the takeover, if that doesn't happen then the consequences of that will probably be far worse than whatever punishment the EFL give them. I've seen it suggested that they're heading into a similar situation we were with Xia in his final days, obviously their fans are hoping for a similar outcome, but as we've seen with some of the people trying to buy clubs recently including theirs, a sale might not mean the end of their troubles.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I think a club not declaring who owns them is unprecedented, so hard to say, but seems pretty serious to me, there's obviously a very good reason why they have the Proper and Fit Persons tests in the first place, so if someone has skipped that process it's not going to be taken lightly especially as it seems he wouldn't have passed that test if he had have taken it.

Above article says if they're found guilty there could be a range of punishments from 'a warning for a clerical oversight to more significant punishments including a fine or points deduction for deliberate obfuscation', pretty sure it's more serious than a 'clerical oversight'.

I think the more worrying thing for them is what happens with the takeover, if that doesn't happen then the consequences of that will probably be far worse than whatever punishment the EFL give them. I've seen it suggested that they're heading into a similar situation we were with Xia in his final days, obviously their fans are hoping for a similar outcome, but as we've seen with some of the people trying to buy clubs recently including theirs, a sale might not mean the end of their troubles.

They won't attract a buyer in remotely the same ball park as ours. Stadium needs rebuilding, and they don't even own it. Their squad is full of lower championship players. Their following is significantly smaller than ours, albeit with similar potential if they were to get the football right.

They're in trouble.

They have or did have a fan on the EFL board but that doesn't make any difference to them when it comes to punishments as that's decided by an independent panel, The Independent Disciplinary Commission.

EFL have pushed for them to be deducted points on several occasions, first time they were succesful, second time they weren't, and that second time the EFL actually appealed the verdict, and I think they were given a suspened deduction, so it's not as if the EFL shows any leniency towards them.

12 hours ago, useless said:

They have or did have a fan on the EFL board but that doesn't make any difference to them when it comes to punishments as that's decided by an independent panel, The Independent Disciplinary Commission.

EFL have pushed for them to be deducted points on several occasions, first time they were succesful, second time they weren't, and that second time the EFL actually appealed the verdict, and I think they were given a suspened deduction, so it's not as if the EFL shows any leniency towards them.

They were given a deduction at the end of the season of exactly 1 point less than would have relegated them, didn't they? Sounds like leniency to me.

Edited by fightoffyour

They were deducted nine points on March 22nd 2019, at the time they were on fifty points, fourteen points clear of relegation, after the deduction they were five points clear of the bottom three with eight games left to play, so the deduction actually put them in danger of relegation whereas as beforehand they looked relatively safe.

If any leniency is showed towards them it's not because there's a fan of theirs on the EFL board, as that board doesn't decide the punishments, the EFL have actually pushed for them to get worse punishements than they've actually got.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/06/2022 at 23:40, MrBlack said:

Anyone able to explain why that was how they were depicted? Shocking.

The text explaining they were nicknamed the heathens before changing their nickname to the blues.  Something apt about that.

He was generally referred to as ‘Mr Brum’ or ‘The Birmingham ******’

It was a general reference to the Second City, used in cartoon form both football illustrations and wider geography terms in early 20th century newspapers.

Remember that photos in newspapers weren’t a regular thing until the mid to late 1920s. Illustrations was common place before this (and continue to this day).

In the local football newspapers (the Argus or Sporting Mail) you would have little cartoons sections explaining last week’s results or that days fixtures.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately, our house is very much made of glass on this occasion...

x-darkie-mascot.jpg

More Shockingly it seems that's from the 50s. Long after the blues version. Looks like there's very little information about it online,  and most people that went in that era have very little recollection of seeing him.. maybe selectively so.

Anyone got any history on how it came about?

Somewhat disappointing to say the least (yes, I'm aware socially accepted attitudes were dflifferent back then).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

More Shockingly it seems that's from the 50s.

late 40's-early 50's I read, then disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again.

Talking of loons, anyone remember the Villa werewolf, with carrier bag of joke shop crap?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If that took place before the EFL ruled on the disguised ownership, could they still get a points deduction?

haha this guy sounds absolutely perfect :)

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-laurence-bassini-is-definitely-not-the-owner-that-birmingham-city-need-lee-bowyer

Since 2019, Bassini has been on the lookout for a new project. In April of that year, it was confirmed that he had reached agreement to buy the financially stricken Bolton Wanderers from Ken Anderson, but that deal collapsed after he repeatededly failed to show proof of funds to the EFL. Four months later, with Bolton in administration and the players not having been paid in full for several months, the club’s administrators were on the point of completing a sale to Football Ventures Ltd., only for Bassini to get a court order at the last minute, blocking the sale. The sale eventually went through a month later, with Bolton on the brink of liquidation.

Sounds a top bloke! Already looks like a knuckledragger as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

More Shockingly it seems that's from the 50s. Long after the blues version. Looks like there's very little information about it online,  and most people that went in that era have very little recollection of seeing him.. maybe selectively so.

Anyone got any history on how it came about?

Somewhat disappointing to say the least (yes, I'm aware socially accepted attitudes were dflifferent back then).

I don't have any more info on this mascot, but the bolded bit is a bit of an understatement - the BBC were still producing the Black and White Minstrel show until the end of the 70s, and it was getting 10+ million viewers

Blackie and the blues caricature are an embarrassment, and obscene in a modern context, but seem to be a fair reflection of what this country was like back then, and as a country we hadn't got much better for decades after both clubs moved on

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â