Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

On 6/8/2016 at 18:56, useless said:

'If there's any truth to the talk of buy other clubs and having them play under the 'Villa' banner, and there being £500M'

Although it's been reported in several newspapers and Xia sold some shares in Teamax to raise £400M, so wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth to it. Hopefully everything becomes a bit clearer once Xia has been approved.

It would be good if he were to buy the shits for a couple of bob. Change the name to Villa Heath, change the colours to claret and blue, change the badge to a lion sitting on top of a globe, knock the ground down and sell it to a shithouse paper manufacturer or pig farmer, sell all the players to some Russian salt mine, bring in Villa academy players and play in the academy league behind closed doors at Bodymoor......

or better still just wind them down and wipe them out of existence.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

a couple of things have made me laugh this week, theyve now spent their summer transfer budget, we are just spending the coins before we spend the notes, and today, trevor francis is keen to go back to the sty as an ambassador role, hes still nothing to our brian little, another angle in which small heaths attempt to emulate villa.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

a couple of things have made me laugh this week, theyve now spent their summer transfer budget, we are just spending the coins before we spend the notes, and today, trevor francis is keen to go back to the sty as an ambassador role, hes still nothing to our brian little, another angle in which small heaths attempt to emulate villa.

They really havent got a clue have they??? 

Some of them have been laughing about how all our players are gonna leave and the players weve signed theyve never heard of LOL As if weather a blouse fan has heard of a player or not is relevant at all... And so what if there will be a lot of players leaving... This is the team that took us down, most of us want a lot of them to leave FFS !!

I dont even need to get onto their tin pot club... i really hope we destroy them home and away 5-1 style this season and every other god damn time we play them.

Edited by leighavfc

1 min on SHA (Yes im that bored at the min) i stumble across the Wolves takeover thread... 

"Perhaps he seems legit now, but NEVER trust a Far East owner. Carson and crownies seemed legit."

"B***s have got 65% of a city of a million people"

65% of what? Tramps? 

They think that 65% of Birmingham support blues?

jesus **** Christ, and somehow we're the ones with the deluded tag...

ill be generous and say 20% don't like football (it's probably more) 50% if not more support teams from outside of the city (large number of the Asian contingent for a start) that leaves 30% of the city left to support us or them...again I'll be generous and say 15% each because it's not an argument I can use facts to win

that leaves around 150k Blues fans in the city, we might have the same...and then comes the bit they really don't get...villa then have brums satellite towns...and there are a lot of people in them, I live 15m south of brum in a town where wolves just edge out baggies, blues aren't even the 4th biggest team here, Utd and Liverpool fans seem to out number them, I'm not sure about bromsgrove and the places closer to where their lot seem to be, to me they're pretty much nothing outside of the city whereas we have little pockets dotted about and a good support structure for it with the lions clubs, we probably have more fans in Ireland than their combined UK support outside of brum...

linking that that to the sha Wolves post, a higher % of Lverhampton support their local team that's for sure, I'd be close to say a higher % than brummies that support villa too, brums far more of a football melting pot 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Its a well peddled myth (peddled by the inbreds) that small heath have a bigger fan base then Villa. Even under Bruce when they were doing decent in the Premier League their crowds weren't that good. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They think that 65% of Birmingham support blues?

jesus **** Christ, and somehow we're the ones with the deluded tag...

ill be generous and say 20% don't like football (it's probably more) 50% if not more support teams from outside of the city (large number of the Asian contingent for a start) that leaves 30% of the city left to support us or them...again I'll be generous and say 15% each because it's not an argument I can use facts to win

that leaves around 150k Blues fans in the city, we might have the same...and then comes the bit they really don't get...villa then have brums satellite towns...and there are a lot of people in them, I live 15m south of brum in a town where wolves just edge out baggies, blues aren't even the 4th biggest team here, Utd and Liverpool fans seem to out number them, I'm not sure about bromsgrove and the places closer to where their lot seem to be, to me they're pretty much nothing outside of the city whereas we have little pockets dotted about and a good support structure for it with the lions clubs, we probably have more fans in Ireland than their combined UK support outside of brum...

linking that that to the sha Wolves post, a higher % of Lverhampton support their local team that's for sure, I'd be close to say a higher % than brummies that support villa too, brums far more of a football melting pot 

Mate there are a hell of a lot of villians outside brum too. Ive never met a bloser outside birmingham

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its a well peddled myth (peddled by the inbreds) that small heath have a bigger fan base then Villa. Even under Bruce when they were doing decent in the Premier League their crowds weren't that good. 

40k every week they were in prem and now its 25-30 k in championship. The stats say otherwise...

The size of their ground says otherwise...

i think it'll be a massive thing for us if we can smash blues attendances and then get above baggies too, their averages for last year was 17,600 and 24,600

so according to xia we've already sold more season tickets than blues average attendance last season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

40k every week they were in prem and now its 25-30 k in championship. The stats say otherwise...

I assumed you were joking but thought I'd have a look anyway. 

image.png

You have to go back to 1949 for any attendances close to our capacity. 

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/birc.htm

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I know they're not the fairest way to show who has the most fans, because benefits can't pay for football tickets and that you have to have more than a singular brain cell to use a computer, but it's pretty telling that our worst attendances are better than their best and that if you go anywhere online - whether it be Facebook, twitter, instagram, etc there's always more Villa than Blues.

On July 12, 2016 at 19:12, AndyBM said:

I don't get this post. Nothing wrong with them bringing in an ex player as ambassador, we weren't the first and won't be the last to do this, so they are hardly copying us.

As for spending more than them, I'd bloody hope we are, we've a new owner and have just come out of the prem..and even so we don't know how much more Xia will spend.

There are plenty to mock blues about, but I don't think these two things are that.

Edited by mikeyp102

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 22:13, leighavfc said:

yeah i was joking mate!! thats what a lot of them say!! Deluded

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 22:03, It's Your Round said:

I assumed you were joking but thought I'd have a look anyway. 

image.png

You have to go back to 1949 for any attendances close to our capacity. 

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/birc.htm

They 'peaked' at 28-29K, this would have been when they were selling out with the excitement of being in the Prem for the first time, and this lasted just 2 seasons.

Since that the seasons they've been in the Prem they have hit a glass ceiling of around 25k even when finishing 9th, and in the Championship their support is woeful, varying from 15-17k over the last few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

They 'peaked' at 28-29K, this would have been when they were selling out with the excitement of being in the Prem for the first time, and this lasted just 2 seasons.

Since that the seasons they've been in the Prem they have hit a glass ceiling of around 25k even when finishing 9th, and in the Championship their support is woeful, varying from 15-17k over the last few years.

Exactly mate, everytime i hear one of them talk rubbish like this i know i can shoot them down without even looking at the facts. Its a fact they have s**t attendances and get nowhere near the figures they claim to be. This just proves that!! 

I look at it like this we are the biggest club in the region on terms of everything bar obviously us being in a lower division this season and possibly more (hopefully not). And thats not me being bias, anyone outside the midlands will say the same regardless of where we are currently.

The baggies are a decent sized club with good support but not a big enough ground to cater for all of this, they over the years have won things and had relative success.

Wolves again good support base and they have a big ground to service this, again they have success over the years. Not so much recently but they will probably be back very soon if this takeover happens. 

And then we have Blues who have a fair weather fan base with a old knackerd ground and not enough paying fans to fill it to even 75% capacity 10% of the time. They have won 2 trophies in their history and claim to be all this and that without ANYTHING to back it up with apart from they had a well known firm back in the day. They are the most deluded in the midlands by far, most albion and wolves can put up decent arguments, but blues fans i find are just plain deluded or come out with "well weve got the best firm in the midlands"

Says it all really when your arguing about football and they come out with something to do with hooligan gangs fighting as some kind of top trumps of football. 

Edited by leighavfc

Not too sure we can be too smug when discussing attendances - we haven't averaged over 85% capacity for the past 5 seasons and haven't averaged over 40k since 2007/08.  Pretty much every club suffers a drop-off in attendance when they fall into the Championship too.  Hopefully we can claw some of this back!

We're potentially the "biggest" club in the Midlands (however you rate that) but, factually, we're not the strongest at the moment (West Brom) and the most successful club this millennium has been Blues (1 x League Cup).  Dark days :(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not too sure we can be too smug when discussing attendances - we haven't averaged over 85% capacity for the past 5 seasons and haven't averaged over 40k since 2007/08.  Pretty much every club suffers a drop-off in attendance when they fall into the Championship too.  Hopefully we can claw some of this back!

We're potentially the "biggest" club in the Midlands (however you rate that) but, factually, we're not the strongest at the moment (West Brom) and the most successful club this millennium has been Blues (1 x League Cup).  Dark days :(

Fair comments there actually bobzy... youve shot my argument out of the sky so thanks for that ;)

Your right i suppose blues are most successful this century and baggies are on top in terms of standing currently. Me personally would measure a clubs standing from the day they were formed. Which of course would make us top by a country mile, but you could also argue around recent history counts more so. Its all a matter of opinion i suppose! 

Attendances for us havent been as strong the last 5/6 years, but the previous 5 years were very strong if i remember correctly. 

back on topic blues are a tin pot club and i hate them all!!

• Like 1

Just now, leighavfc said:

Fair comments there actually bobzy... youve shot my argument out of the sky so thanks for that ;)

Your right i suppose blues are most successful this century and baggies are on top in terms of standing currently. Me personally would measure a clubs standing from the day they were formed. Which of course would make us top by a country mile, but you could also argue around recent history counts more so. Its all a matter of opinion i suppose! 

Attendances for us havent been as strong the last 5/6 years, but the previous 5 years were very strong if i remember correctly. 

back on topic blues are a tin pot club and i hate them all!!

Genuine question, why does it bother you so what they think?

Â