Dwight Yorke

omariqy

Used to love watching Yorke when i was growing up. Probably still to this day, the best striker we had circa early 90s on. Gradually went off him, not so much that he wanted the move to United, how he engineered it and purposely downed tools in that opening game against Everton when we didn't have to sell but the club knew after that game he was gonna be bare minimum if he stayed. Obviously quite disgusting also when any man does a runner too and plays no part in his kid's life. Sub human stuff is that. 

I loved the Yorke/Milosevic/Tommy Johnson era. The 96’ Coca Cola Cup day was very special. All his goals and performances were top level. I can remember his hat trick (in vein) at Newcastle like it was yesterday and his little shuffle dance wearing bicycle shorts. Great memories personally but as soon as he left he was dead to me. Luckily Merson and Dublin worked out well for us so I quickly forgot about him.

Good interview though Omar, and I really like what you’ve done with your podcast. It gets me through work a long with the 5/6 others I listen to. You and your pals talk a lot of sense on there 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I loved the Yorke/Milosevic/Tommy Johnson era. The 96’ Coca Cola Cup day was very special. All his goals and performances were top level. I can remember his hat trick (in vein) at Newcastle like it was yesterday and his little shuffle dance wearing bicycle shorts. Great memories personally but as soon as he left he was dead to me. Luckily Merson and Dublin worked out well for us so I quickly forgot about him.

Good interview though Omar, and I really like what you’ve done with your podcast. It gets me through work a long with the 5/6 others I listen to. You and your pals talk a lot of sense on there 👍

Thank you mate - means a lot 👍🏾

my hero as a kid, i met him once when he opened the academy at Evesham United. Id bunked off school with a mate expecting it to be Brian Little. He pulled up in the car park, no one was there to meet him and he gave us a couple of minutes for signings and photos. I could not speak a word to him, i was utterly star struck. the time he gave me and my mate though meant a lot and the football memories i will never forget. 

he doesnt seem a great bloke, some terrible stories outside of football and inside football after he left us, but i will always think about the 95/96 season with very very fond memories.

• Like 1

I don’t think footballers should ever be role models off the pitch. It would be nice if they were but many aren’t. Look at Jack - one of the more stupid and selfish things you can do is drink and drive and yet we still love him. I don’t think Yorke has done anything much worse than that. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I don’t think footballers should ever be role models off the pitch. It would be nice if they were but many aren’t. Look at Jack - one of the more stupid and selfish things you can do is drink and drive and yet we still love him. I don’t think Yorke has done anything much worse than that. 

Disowns his own kid. Refuses to acknowledge him or be in his life. Grealish did stuff that fellas the length and breath of the country do in every job, not saying it's right, im just saying. What Yorke did was morally and on a human level, just pathetic.

• 3 years later...
On 24/12/2020 at 11:12, Demitri_C said:

I dont like the guy in all honesty. The way he left the way he mocked villa fans at United. And i am disgusted that he has abandoned his son who is really unwell.

But for villa he was great one of our greats. As a man i dont like him at all

On 26/12/2020 at 08:20, KenjiOgiwara said:

Guess I'm the odd one out here. He was a special player back in the day, but after that Man Utd bullshit he's irrelevant to me. He's basically taken every wrong step I can imagine in the eyes of a reasonable fan. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't exist. 

I think if you made a list of all former Villa players for an interview, he'd for me be at the bottom of the list. Absolutely not interest in hearing that twunt speak a single word. 

On 29/12/2020 at 14:21, Johnnyp said:

Disowns his own kid. Refuses to acknowledge him or be in his life. Grealish did stuff that fellas the length and breath of the country do in every job, not saying it's right, im just saying. What Yorke did was morally and on a human level, just pathetic.

Agreed, long soured and broke his relationship with the club and fans. Sounds like a terrible person too…

Scumbag is willing Manure to go for Unai now:

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Yorke's Instagram is all Man United. Not a reference to the Villa, the club that made him.

And yet he’s deluded enough to think he’d ever have a chance to be our manager and keeps applying 😂

Yep, wouldn’t be anywhere without the Villa n the break we gave him.

Again, scumbag.

• Like 2

Was too young to witness Yorke at villa but it’s pretty incredible when you think about how he was signed by chance whilst Villa were doing a pre season tour….in a world with all this scouting data at an analyst’s fingertips it’s quite incredible to hark back to a time when being in the right place at the right time in front of the right person presented an incredible career opportunity 

Â