England v Wales/England v Belgium/England v Denmark

andykeenan

Saw a comment somewhere, Southgate tells Grealish "you're in the squad because of what you're doing at your club".

Obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.

53 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Saw a comment somewhere, Southgate tells Grealish "you're in the squad because of what you're doing at your club".

Obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.

Southgate said it before the game last night. 
The reporter said “Grealish has a chance tonight because of those that are missing” and Southgate replied “he has a chance because he’s playing very well for his club”. 
The suggestion at least is that he would have played regardless of the likes of Tammy, Sancho and others being missing.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was true 

Awful selection. It’s a roll over and take it 11. England have the players to give Belgium a game but the manger won’t or can’t create a system for them.

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

We don't need Jack picking up a worse injury playing for Southgate, why is everyone mad?

Just wearing England hat.

Villa hat on I’d rather he was rested. I also don’t want to see him play with the weight of the country on his shoulders should he make a mistake as I’m sure the papers would love to hang him out to dry.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Grealish is unlikely to start today, because he played most of the match on Thursday.

Best case he gets 25 minutes and has a blinder. 
Pressure on Southgate and hasn’t taken too much out of Jack.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

Awful selection. It’s a roll over and take it 11. England have the players to give Belgium a game but the manger won’t or can’t create a system for them.

I wouldnt mind but Belgium dont have a much better manager either but at least plays his best attackers when available

• Like 1

Snatch a result stuff that

3 RBs, maguire in awful form back in, no coady who was excellent Thursday and the only one to play in a club back 3, Henderson and Rice hasn't worked for nearly 10 games now, the no winger no wing back over the half way line stuff was shit on Thursday, no sterling or kane who are our best 2 players

And that's before you say no jack... He won't even get on the pitch tonight if that's the starting 11

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

We don't need Jack picking up a worse injury playing for Southgate, why is everyone mad?

I’m with you. I want Jack to succeed for England, but don’t need him getting injured in a glorified friendly.

One thing seems so obvious, Southgate is a stubborn bloke. That’ll bite him eventually. Here’s hoping it’s sooner rather than later. 

I think it was obvious Jack wouldn't play today and thats fine let England struggle without him. 

3x right backs in the line up plus Dier, Maguire and Rice. 

Bring back Woy!

CourteousCoordinatedBlackbird-max-1mb.giAngelicIdolizedGalapagoshawk-max-1mb.gif

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Gareth thinks he knows better than everybody 😏

He's digging himself into a hole he won't be able to get out of. Other teams fans and the media now know Jack deserves to be starting as well as what we already knew 

Â