Ross Barkley

LondonLax

& looks like he won't be on a free, in the For the love of Paul Mcgrath Podcast Neil was speaking with a Luton fan who is saying he had a clause in his 2 year contract if Luton were relegated that he could leave for a fee in-between £5 -8 million 

3 minutes ago, Frodo said:

& looks like he won't be on a free, in the For the love of Paul Mcgrath Podcast Neil was speaking with a Luton fan who is saying he had a clause in his 2 year contract if Luton were relegated that he could leave for a fee in-between £5 -8 million 

That much?? I wouldnt bother. Id rather sell a player and try get gallagher instead

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That much?? I wouldnt bother. Id rather sell a player and try get gallagher instead

Gallagher will probably cost 10 times that much and probably triple or quadruple the wages.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gallagher will probably cost 10 times that much and probably triple or quadruple the wages.

He would but he would be worth it. He is a top player and will be a long term signing. Barkley is a short stop solution.

If we want to stay a champions league club players like gallagher are ones we need to be looking at

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It won't be that much or anywhere near it. It'll be a nominal fee like £1m or less. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

It won't be that much or anywhere near it. It'll be a nominal fee like £1m or less. 

For that price im down for it. 8m though no thanks !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need two CMs added. Kamara is out and no idea level he can perform at in the first few months back. In planning terms we are planning as if we don't have him for next season 

Luiz, Tielemans, Barkley, Gallagher, McGinn that works as a group of CMs. Especially as a few of them can play Second Striker and one of the wide midfielders who become a narrow 10. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He would but he would be worth it. He is a top player and will be a long term signing. Barkley is a short stop solution.

If we want to stay a champions league club players like gallagher are ones we need to be looking at

Of course I agree.

I'm just not sure we can afford it right now.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need two CMs added. Kamara is out and no idea level he can perform at in the first few months back. In planning terms we are planning as if we don't have him for next season 

Luiz, Tielemans, Barkley, Gallagher, McGinn that works as a group of CMs. Especially as a few of them can play Second Striker and one of the wide midfielders who become a narrow 10. 

The other one is rumored to be Ndidi on a free based on comments from Dan Bardell and a few others. 

Hopefully if he does come it's with something to prove. Not that he was terrible first time here, just injured and then never turned up after that. 

No objections to adding his kind of quality to the squad. If he is one of out "cheap" pickups, then it bodes well for the depth we're looking at.

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Of course I agree.

I'm just not sure we can afford it right now.

Yeah thats the biggest issue the finances

If we can offer them duran then ill do that do. I think gallagher adds more to the team than duran will. And i think duran can be replaced 

• Like 1

His injury record is a concern. His career never really recovered after his last year at Everton which he was out the whole year. This season is probably the most he was played since. 

If we think we can manage his fitness as a backup player then fine it's a decent buy.

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

His injury record is a concern. His career never really recovered after his last year at Everton which he was out the whole year. This season is probably the most he was played since. 

If we think we can manage his fitness as a backup player then fine it's a decent buy.

Well that's it - he wouldn't be coming here as a starter, so it should be fine. 

Posted (edited)

I love the free signings.....takes all the pressure off the manager....and ffp.

one of the easiest ways to lose your job, is signing big money players, who don't fulfil their value....we don't need him to be worrying about that.

Sure, it can't happen all the time, but if we limit the big money signings, all the better imo.

It's all about, what additional value they can bring to the squad, not how much they cost.

also it dampens any chance of Primma Donna's......our culture of humility, is precious.

Edited by TRO

47 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well that's it - he wouldn't be coming here as a starter, so it should be fine. 

We have to think squad, not team, now we have entered the big boys group.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gallagher is on 50k a week. Lots of Chelsea players aren't on mega bucks wages especially the long term contract guys

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Gallagher is on 50k a week. Lots of Chelsea players aren't on mega bucks wages especially the long term contract guys

love Gallaghers industry and effervescence.....should have gone in, when he was at Albion.

Back to Ross....if he can give us what he gave Luton, it's a no brainer.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

love his industry and effervescence.

Seems like he saved his best games of the season in cup and last league game against us. 

• Like 1

Â