Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn’t really realise how good County were - both sides presumably a shoe in for promotion (although this was said about Wrexham last season). 

I know anything can happen in football but it really would be a miracle if they didn't win the play offs.  They're SO much better than any other team. I really will their fault if they don't make it. 

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

If somehow they don’t get promoted I don’t know how they pick themselves up to go again, emotionally they are all in.

The money will help buy better mentality players

Just me thinking it's a cringerworthy over-performance entirely for the benefit of the cameras? Eugh.

Maybe it's just how Americans in Hollywood are. He might be a nice guy but I hate him :D

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He comes across in this interview and in the series, as someone who has become "hooked" by football. He also appears to be a genuine likeable bloke, who is prepared to do as much as he possibly can for that football club and for it's fans, alongside Rob McElhenney. Nice words for County too and if they do both get the promotion they deserve, like Stockport they will be nearer the top than the bottom of League 2 following their respective promotions.    

• Like 2

Just now, John said:

He comes across in this interview and in the series, as someone who has become "hooked" by football. He also appears to be a genuine likeable bloke, who is prepared to do as much as he possibly can for that football club and for it's fans, alongside Rob McElhenney. Nice words for County too and if they do both get the promotion they deserve, like Stockport they will be nearer the top than the bottom of League 2 following their respective promotions.    

I just like that they know they are newcomers and treat it all with respect, not like a plaything (although essentially that's what it is). I genuinely think they came in without realising how football grabs you and doesn't let go. They are (or were) outsiders, showing you why something you've always, sometimes unconsciously loved is actually brilliant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

Is it 1+ a playoff in the National League, btw?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Is it 1+ a playoff in the National League, btw?

Winners of the league go up, the next 6 teams (so 2-7) go into the playoffs.

The playoffs themselves are complicated - of course :D. I THINK… 4th plays 7th and 5th plays 6th in one-legged games (higher placed team with home advantage). Then 2nd plays the winner of 5th vs 6th and 3rd plays the winner of 4th vs 7th - again, one-legged games with higher team having home advantage. The winner of those games then play at Wembley for promotion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â