WM Football phone in

Follyfoot

What an absolute bunch of skid marks, goose pimples for three days?

Crying?

The future is blue?

Yeah like one of those blue blocks you throw in the shitter.

Mate.

• Like 1

It’s the consequences of generations of inbreeding along with decades of glue sniffing. Psychotic thoughts that one day SHA may actually play top level football again. 

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have a feeling this year is going to be a hillarious year of viewing for us and those lot. There is just comedy driven by their misery waiting to happen. 

Well they’ve sold two young players, resigned a couple of released donkies, bought two players I’ve seriously never heard of and a reserve team nobody from Bournemouth.

If that makes you get goosebumps and grizzle like a girlie then this season is going to be comedy gold.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Really sad to hear about the passing of Tony Butler.

Not sure if it because it was it was the first show of its type, some of the characters in the show (Acker etc) or it just coincided with a golden age for the Villa.

“ Get your prayer mats out”

a true legend of broadcasting.

RIP Tony.

Remember the name but not sure where from. Was he on a breakfast show or something back in the 90s?

14 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Remember the name but not sure where from. Was he on a breakfast show or something back in the 90s?

Hi GV, he was more 70’s&80’s. He worked for both BRMB & BBC local radio over many years. He had sports shows on a Friday evening or covered all the local teams on a Saturday afternoon well before the arrival of Sky.

you can find lots of tributes to him by many other broadcasters on Twitter.

His audience had a range of views as wide at Villatalk (😀) but his opinion was always the right one!

The European nights involving the Villa were special, given the lack of any other coverage!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

You must all be looking forward to the return of Daz the Spaz tonight (assuming he hasn’t been axed like everyone else) so they can all jerk off over small heath’s smooth passage to champions league football.

Also put the station on in the car to see what it’s like post-Franksie.

Oh dear oh dear, you’d think they could find someone who can pronounce the word “Birmingham “ correctly.

Its a write off, BBC, close it down!

• Sad 1

I stopped listening ages ago. Both to the station in general and the phone-in specifically.

Rego leaving was the beginning of the end. Then Franksy stopped doing the football phone in and it was never the same again.

The station used to be so good, but I wonder what their listening figures are like now.

There's probably a wider debate to be had about the need for local radio in the modern era of YouTube and social media.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Villanbee said:

I stopped listening ages ago. Both to the station in general and the phone-in specifically.

Rego leaving was the beginning of the end. Then Franksy stopped doing the football phone in and it was never the same again.

The station used to be so good, but I wonder what their listening figures are like now.

There's probably a wider debate to be had about the need for local radio in the modern era of YouTube and social media.

In general, I agree but there must be a place, always for a local football phone in just with better presenters. Get Tom Ross out of  retirement. Don’t think Gavin is doing much either these days

18 minutes ago, Villanbee said:

Unsurprisingly listening figures are way down, I read last week.

Also first caller tonight, a knuckledragger from the Shires?

U wot mate? Can’t have that mate, too far from town to drink mate.

• Haha 1

On 15/07/2023 at 01:10, Wurzel said:

Sad to hear that Tony Butler has passed away. Another piece of my youth has gone, not many left now. RIP Tony.

Me too mate. RIP Tony... very sad indeed

50 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Declan from Gloucester…shire

very excited about the new season, very six fingered, blithering idiot

Don't believe that...not one of them are from the shires...it's too far from town

Mate

Lovely entertainment last night, the noses are all wetting themselves in excitement, Wolves fans wetting themselves out of fear. Meanwhile Eddie thinks they have the 3rd best team in the division. Oh and Polly is still a mad old bat.

• Haha 1

Â