Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We need to keep Traore.

With Philogene and Coutinho possible off, and Buendia’s injury, we need another forward as it is.

Not another forward if Traore leaves. He offers us something different.

Yeah I think Buendia's injury means Traore stays, while Mings injury we covered with a Loan of Lenglet. End of this season Bertie leaves, Lenglet leaves and Mings and Buendia are back all being well. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2023 at 08:59, Kiwivillan said:

I'd keep him ever yday ending in y over Coutinho even though they seem to be equally injury prone

Yeah but I don’t think he’s as injury prone… at all really. Once again, lockdown Berty was great and more available than the likes of JG and Barkley… he provided the most joy and entertainment over that time… scoring some wonderful goals and producing some outrageous moments of skill… his debut season was the best we’ve seen of him and he was arguably our greatest attacking threat back then…

SG discarded him and sent him off to Turkey…

He played for us with a groin problem that later required surgery…

He’s always been criticised more harshly than many of our players… 

He has his faults and sometimes fails to impact a game or be consistent (I was disappointed in him when he was given an opportunity against Wolves and was largely anonymous or lost the ball a few times) but he made key contributions and scored goals against Leicester and Forest… without those we wouldn’t have qualified for ECL.

For me, there is still hope that he can be a contributor if he can overcome his niggles, reach peak fitness and form again and follow Unai’s guidance and coaching to become a more disciplined and “controlled” player…

Arguably among our greatest goal threats too…

Easily more useful, more of a contributor and more effective than Phil has been… could leave on a high note and effect our season in a positive way… great squad player to have and will run rings around weaker opposition…

He has a reason and motivation to try and earn a new deal… that’s on him really but I don’t expect that to happen. However… the fact that he was retained (when others have been sent on their way) may indicate that Unai sees a fair bit of worth in him… and why he was brought back and involved. 

• Like 1

He just makes it look so easy. 

I feel like he's got the flying by the seat of his pants issue. Football's not a challenge for him so he doesn't try hard at it. He doesn't really need to.

This gives him the casual effortless goals he scores, but leaves him short in a fair few other aspects of the game.

Delighted to still have him with us anyway, he's just a joy to watch. 

• Like 2

Bert is probably the most naturally gifted player that I have ever seen in a Villa shirt.

He is ridiculous, enigmatic, inconsistent, mesmerising, entertaining, skilful, elegant and so much more, rolled into one.

I really hope that he will get more minutes this season as I love to watch him.

He gets his fair amount of stick - which surprises me somewhat - especially when others appear to get more of a free pass, but perhaps this is football?

I just want him around for as long as he can be, so that I can enjoy the genius that he is - still can’t stop smiling at what he did to De Bruyne at City or his goal at the baggies 🙌🙌

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Bert is probably the most naturally gifted player that I have ever seen in a Villa shirt.

He is ridiculous, enigmatic, inconsistent, mesmerising, entertaining, skilful, elegant and so much more, rolled into one.

I really hope that he will get more minutes this season as I love to watch him.

He gets his fair amount of stick - which surprises me somewhat - especially when others appear to get more of a free pass, but perhaps this is football?

I just want him around for as long as he can be, so that I can enjoy the genius that he is - still can’t stop smiling at what he did to De Bruyne at City or his goal at the baggies 🙌🙌

For your pleasure and entertainment:

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â