Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I’ve thought this to but couldn’t think of a way to write it ,  I remember people mocking and berating him after his first interview (the day he signed) because he seemed laid back and was bit slow to answer questions, yet none of them considered that he was doing something they couldn’t (speaking multiple languages) well said Jas.

Hmm.. that sounds familiar. Our manager has been treated the same…Some people struggle with one language! Yet are oh so willing to criticise others… forgetting that they have a good grasp of several as you say…

I could write a lot more but it’s best I refrain from going too far.

I have found though, for example, that African players are given a harder time and there are certain stigmas attached to them such as being lazy and having extravagant lifestyles… can’t help but think if he was a European player he might not be so harshly viewed. Can’t say for sure though.

Speaking of African players… he does kind of remind me of Okocha a little… now what a player he was!!

I love technically gifted players who can entertain and provide thrilling moments… as long as they have good output… Berty has and can do it again, and produce more/better under the guidance of a manager like Unai and not some amateur or clown…

I’m excited to see how he fares, having him back really helps out…

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest yes but it’s definitely a part of his game that needs improvement. I get Traore’s numbers are very good but I genuinely think if Bailey had played with no crowds he’s numbers would have been excellent too. 

Listen I really hope he proves me wrong and he continues to provide moments of magic as obviously it benefits the team. I don’t rate the player but that doesn’t mean I don’t hope he does well. 

Fair enough mate. Madness to think Bailey has better decision making than Traore though, in my opinion. Traore has the composure.

8 hours ago, Philosopher said:

People need to remember the Traore we remember had acres of space due to Grealish getting double and triple marked.

You could tell Grealish enjoyed playing with Traore, they were on the same wavelength.

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Fair enough mate. Madness to think Bailey has better decision making than Traore though, in my opinion. Traore has the composure.

Baileys decision making is better than Traores, he just rarely gets to a position to make a decision because he runs into people and loses the ball. Traore actually finds himself in better positions but often makes the wrong decisions. Not being able to use his right foot doesn’t help. Both aren’t good enough tbh. Bailey has something about him but until he moves away from playing well once every 6 weeks, he’s not going to be the answer. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Baileys decision making is better than Traores, he just rarely gets to a position to make a decision because he runs into people and loses the ball. Traore actually finds himself in better positions but often makes the wrong decisions. Not being able to use his right foot doesn’t help. Both aren’t good enough tbh. Bailey has something about him but until he moves away from playing well once every 6 weeks, he’s not going to be the answer. 

I'm not disagreeing with the overall post or even the bit highlighted, only to say that running straight into people is also a decision that he consciously makes, and which therefore contributes to him being a poor decision maker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I'm not disagreeing with the overall post or even the bit highlighted, only to say that running straight into people is also a decision that he consciously makes, and which therefore contributes to him being a poor decision maker.

Touché. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Baileys decision making is better than Traores, he just rarely gets to a position to make a decision because he runs into people and loses the ball. Traore actually finds himself in better positions but often makes the wrong decisions. Not being able to use his right foot doesn’t help.

Couldn't disagree more. Also a huge contradiction saying 'he runs into people' but at the same time saying he has better decision making than Traore. Also, when Traore gets himself into dangerous positions, he generally makes good decisions.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Even though he’s scored half his villa goal with his right 

15 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Sorry I don’t see this at all. And Bertie is more entertaining imo 

Bailey's left foot delivery and long range shooting is definitely superior to Traore. Bailey's right foot is also stronger than Traore's. If you don't see that's fine, but I do, and I'm sure many other do to. To me Bailey has been unfairly scapegoated by many, when he is currently our most productive forward since Emery's arrival.

For example in the last nine matches Bailey has arguably been Man of the Match is 3 if those games. Brentford, Man U, and Leeds games. That is 1 in 3 matches he plays a blinder and we win. A lot better then one good performance in 6.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Bailey's left foot delivery and long range shooting is definitely superior to Traore. Bailey's right foot is also stronger than Traore's. If you don't see that's fine, but I do, and I'm sure many other do to. To me Bailey has been unfairly scapegoated by many, when he is currently our most productive forward since Emery's arrival.

Bailey has a right foot? 

Â