Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I factored in the salary we are probably paying him this year, and for the rest of his deal probably breaks even at £20m based on what recoup.

Ok but he contributed 14 goal involvements to help us finish 11th. So you can’t say it’s a complete waste of the whole 20m surely?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok but he contributed 14 goal involvements to help us finish 11th. So you can’t say it’s a complete waste of the whole 20m surely?

It is - because we won't recoup anything , and his goal involvements were great as was his first season, and he has bags of talent and he shouldn't be heading to a Turkish league, he should be at the club getting the chance to show his talent and retain value - but he's not. He's been absolutely write off just like Sanson when he actually has a lot to offer.

It's ridiculous.

• Like 3

Sad about this, love his skill and I think he's the ideal player for home games where we struggle to create much against a  low block - less so for away games where more work off the ball may be needed. His goals at Albion and the one in the League Cup are among my favourite ever Villa goals, just nonchalantly passed into the net.  Good luck Bert.

• Like 1

Loan makes sense after his last season. You need a run of games after injury to get back to the level, but was there realistic chance of him getting that with  Bailey/Ings/Watkins/Buendia/Coutinho competing for 3 places + Archer coming through.

If he finds form, he could come back next year but in current team, he's not really what we're missing - we already have Coutinho and Bailey fulfilling the 'talented but inconsistent' role.

Traore had a decent first season, it’s the injuries that held him back last season. Now he’s fit, I’d have wanted to see him integrated and given the chance to have a proper second season. We’re always hearing how players need to settle to produce their best but Bertie never had that opportunity because Gerrard doesn’t fancy him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is - because we won't recoup anything , and his goal involvements were great as was his first season, and he has bags of talent and he shouldn't be heading to a Turkish league, he should be at the club getting the chance to show his talent and retain value - but he's not. He's been absolutely write off just like Sanson when he actually has a lot to offer.

It's ridiculous.

But what are we supposed to do? Play him ahead of other players we all agree are better?

Same with Sanson. The midfield problem is not the players we are playing it's the system where they cover fullbacks. 

Â