Emiliano Martínez

hippo

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Embarrassing to who? I can’t imagine Martinez feels embarrassed or the millions of Argentinian fans lining the streets, celebrating, laughing and cheering are feeling embarrassed by it.  So just a few randoms on a club website think it’s embarrassing, I’m not sure he’ll be losing any sleep. All that will be truly remembered in a few months is winning the World Cup and having a big party, and if some opposition fans think he’s a dick then so be it, nobody cares.  Enjoy yourself Emi, party hard!

Next time I go to Villa Park I’m taking a bag of dolls and dishing them out. And whoever is a tool from the opposition their picture is going on.

Cracking idea. Thanks Emi! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Lads and lasses, that Emi baby shot is total Photoshop. The lighting is out, the quality of Mbappe's face compared to the rest of the photo is different quality, and it's ladbible who are shit stirrers.

The quality of Mbappe's face is out? you don't say. Nobody is suggested Mbappe is really there mate :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

His agent talking shit to the press dont help things. Welcoming bids.

When do these idiot agents realise that we hold the power he has a massive long contract so if we say he isnt going nowhere he isnt

Yet when a player wants a move then it invariably happens, save for a few exceptions. We have no idea what is in the contract. It could just as easily have a release clause and he could be off for 60 million or so. Nobody knows so declarations that the club hold all the power could turn out to be wrong.

There might be no release clause and Emi might still push for a move (don’t think that he will). Nobody here knows.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or he simply isnt a prick at all

Tbh, he is. This is the guy who loses his shit to Van Gaal for having the temerity to say he thinks his team can beat Argentina.

Now he's parading around taking the piss out of a guy who put a hattrick past him. Good keeper. Total prick.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Tbh, he is. This is the guy who loses his shit to Van Gaal for having the temerity to say he thinks his team can beat Argentina.

Now he's parading around taking the piss out of a guy who put a hattrick past him. Good keeper. Total prick.

4 goals including the shootout. 

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think pricks a bit harsh. He’s just a very emotional person and clearly gets carried away. He’s probably off his head too.  It’s no excuse but I wouldn’t be surprised if once everything has calmed down and he does an interview he will apologise for some of his antics .

Love him. He's just having a bit of fun. He's a character, and he's also a winner. To produce in penalty shootouts takes guts!

I'm sure Mbappe was giving as good as he got until they lost the shootout. The hattrick is irrelevant France lost. End of! Emi gives everything for his team, and will do whatever it takes. Love his confidence

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The thing is dav you seem to missing the mbappe comments about south American football. 

I dont think emis a prick at all. Just enjoying himself. Let him have his moment

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Here’s what Mbappe said before the final:

"Argentina haven't played games of great quality to reach the World Cup. In South America football isn't as advanced as Europe. That's why if you look at the last World Cups it's always the Europeans that win," 

Emi was very gracious in his reply: 

“He doesn’t know enough about football. He never played in South America. When you don’t have this experience, it may be better not to talk about it. But it doesn’t matter. We are a great team, recognised as such”

The banter is just fine. 

Don't practically all of the Argentina squad (Brazil to I guess) play in Europe?

Not sure why people are feeling sorry for Mbappe, his comments prior to the world cup , the way he laughed in Kane’s face the amount of power he has in footballing decisions at PSG. I say he’s the definition of the word Prick. Then you have Emi a man who leaves it all on the pitch and had to work his ass off to get to where he is , was constantly overlooked during his career and has finally proved the doubters wrong imagine all those years of  frustration. Honestly don’t blame him for letting go. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a win, people are making him out to be a man who gets into trouble off the pitch blokes a saint in his non footballing life he’s not Gazza , Grealish, Foden or Ravel Morrisons 🤦🏿.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Yes, but they all play in European leagues, for European teams and receive the same European training as the French players.  

He’s not saying that though, Mbappe tarnished an entire footballing continent at the expense of Europe which wouldn’t have the success and power it does without players from South America. You’d think being around Argentinian and Brazilian players at PSG and Monaco he’d understand. 

Edited by The_Steve

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Not sure why people are feeling sorry for Mbappe, his comments prior to the world cup , the way he laughed in Kane’s face the amount of power he has in footballing decisions at PSG. I say he’s the definition of the word Prick. Then you have Emi a man who leaves it all on the pitch and had to work his ass off to get to where he is , was constantly overlooked during his career and has finally proved the doubters wrong imagine all those years of  frustration. Honestly don’t blame him for letting go. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a win, people are making him out to be a man who gets into trouble off the pitch blokes a saint in his non footballing life he’s not Gazza , Grealish, Foden or Ravel Morrisons 🤦🏿.

Exactly, Emi humbled him like the Iron Sheikh did to Hulk Hogan 

• Like 1

Â