The AVFC FFP thread

On 16/05/2024 at 23:03, Czarnikjak said:

OK, I'm not an accountant but I don't think there's anything wrong with the below scenario:

Our accounting period was extended to 30th June, but sale of season tickets for 24/25 starts as usual on 1st of June which is now still in this accounting period.What stops us from booking this revenue in this accounting period? The product is sold now, does it matter when it's "consumed"?

If this is allowed, we could add this June's revenue to last June's season ticket revenue thus giving us an one off boost for PSR purposes.

This is perfectly allowable. It's why PSR is over 3 years as you take from one period to give to another. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We could make them an offer they can't refuse 

You're looking in good health, it would be a shame if that didn't last. Good health is so important.

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2024 at 23:03, Czarnikjak said:

OK, I'm not an accountant but I don't think there's anything wrong with the below scenario:

Our accounting period was extended to 30th June, but sale of season tickets for 24/25 starts as usual on 1st of June which is now still in this accounting period.What stops us from booking this revenue in this accounting period? The product is sold now, does it matter when it's "consumed"?

If this is allowed, we could add this June's revenue to last June's season ticket revenue thus giving us an one off boost for PSR purposes.

It depends on how it is treated. The concept is that you account for revenue when it is 'earned' rather then when it is actually paid. The accountant has to make a professional judgement whether it is a more accurate reflection of the accounts to spread the season ticket revenue over the course of the season or in one go at the start. Maybe for the PSR calculations it might be possible to treat it in whichever way we want though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

For anyone who doesn't understand, NSWE usually put money into the club using the share method which does nothing for FFP. 

It does do something for PSR/FFP. The permitted loses of 35 mill per year are permitted only if they are funded in that way. If they are not funded by owner equity injection, the story changes, IIRC.

26 minutes ago, blandy said:

It does do something for PSR/FFP. The permitted loses of 35 mill per year are permitted only if they are funded in that way. If they are not funded by owner equity injection, the story changes, IIRC.

This is correct, allowable loss is £5m per year but £35m if owners find the £30m via capital injection 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, blandy said:

I know this, I felt everyone already knew that point hence the original point about how they inject money

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

I know this, I felt everyone already knew that point hence the original point about how they inject money

All good. I was just adding some background for “anyone who doesn't understand”.

• Like 1

Probable wages saving for 24/25 season compared to this season just finished:

Coutinho - £130k /wk

Sanson - £50k

Lenglet - £80k

Zaniolo - £50k

Total saving so far… £310k/wk = £16m.

Add Barkley £80k /wk = £4m

Still leaves us with a nice chunk to play with so far. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Probable wages saving for 24/25 season compared to this season just finished:

Coutinho - £130k /wk

Sanson - £50k

Lenglet - £80k

Zaniolo - £50k

Total saving so far… £310k/wk = £16m.

Add Barkley £80k /wk = £4m

Still leaves us with a nice chunk to play with so far. 

Qatari were already paying Coutinho wages this season (or at least large proportion of them).same with Sanson, you would imagine most of his wages wasn't payed by us this season.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Qatari were already paying Coutinho wages this season (or at least large proportion of them).same with Sanson, you would imagine most of his wages wasn't payed by us this season.

Oh yeah good point.

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2024 at 21:42, Czarnikjak said:

I would guess insurance might pay some of Mings' wages too, which would cover some of Lenglet's?

Edited by one_ian_taylor

What a shame this didn't happen back in the day before Cadbury was a subsidiary of a bunch of scum wearing the hollowed-out corpse of Cadbury as its own skin.

• Like 1

I've been seeing something floating around that we (and everyone else in the PL) are going to receive ~£5m as part of a particularly daft rule whereby any parachute payments that no longer need paying out are pooled together and shared amongst the Premier League teams.

My questions are, first of all, is this a thing? Secondly, is this counted on this year's accounts and therefore will give us a little more breathing room? Or will it be added to next years?

26 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I've been seeing something floating around that we (and everyone else in the PL) are going to receive ~£5m as part of a particularly daft rule whereby any parachute payments that no longer need paying out are pooled together and shared amongst the Premier League teams.

My questions are, first of all, is this a thing? Secondly, is this counted on this year's accounts and therefore will give us a little more breathing room? Or will it be added to next years?

Yes and yes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Yeah it's daft. I personally would have thought that the other Championship teams should get it as a result of the promoted team benefiting from the prior year's parachute payment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Yeah it's daft. I personally would have thought that the other Championship teams should get it as a result of the promoted team benefiting from the prior year's parachute payment

Absolutely, that money should definitley be spread out down the pyramid, it's pretty grim that it isn't. It's nice that we have a bit more breathing room, but I don't agree with the rule, that money would have way more benefit elsewhere.

Â