Matty Cash

paul514

Saw Matty in the flesh last night, on the pitch. Didn't manage to catch him outside the team hotel (was literally just passing it to and from the shot bar, honest), but the Poland manager (and Tomasz Kuszczak for whatever reason, must've shoved past me because he clocked my Villa shirt) did come right by us. Great night!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Saw Matty in the flesh last night, on the pitch. Didn't manage to catch him outside the team hotel (was literally just passing it to and from the shot bar, honest), but the Poland manager (and Tomasz Kuszczak for whatever reason, must've shoved past me because he clocked my Villa shirt) did come right by us. Great night!

Did he play well? What do they think of him over there?

28 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Did he play well? What do they think of him over there?

Fluffed a hard chance in the first half but had set up a great chance for Lewy from a cross before that, otherwise played quite well.

I think he's well liked. He's certainly integrating with the squad and trying to get the Polish fans on side:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

He's a hard player to dislike, even when he's having a below par game. Really just seems a nice lad with a good attitude, and not afraid of a scrap.

This. Reminds me of a more athletic Luke Young. It would cost someone £40m+ for us to part with Cash and even then you’re going to struggle to replace him.

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

He's a hard player to dislike, even when he's having a below par game. Really just seems a nice lad with a good attitude, and not afraid of a scrap.

He has two leaks, delivery into the box and he has a reactive style to his defending, if he could read the game better defensively and become more proactive, then find them killer crosses and passes into the danger zone, he then becomes as good as there is. He is a lovely bloke who's on the brink of being a big star.

22 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Has to be high up there for player of the season too!

Although the ultra critical critic in me wants him to be even better (and this is happening, he is improving week on week), I can't see anyone out there that's as consistent as him. 

I've been critical of certain aspects of his game, but other aspects of it you just cannot fault.

Pace, aggression, stamina, energy, determination.

The two arguably most important things though? Balls and positivity. I've never once seen him hide or give up on any challenge or loose ball. He always wants the ball. And having had a few toxic squads over the years, his positivity on the pitch is so refreshing.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Think I just saw somewhere else that hes now contracted with the club for the next five years.

Yeah just seen that he’s mentioned 5 years no mention from the club how long it was

Â