Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

And that Villa game pretty much sums up why I only captain pen takers. What on earth have WBA got a pen for? A slight tap on the foot and Konsa isn't even making a tackle. Football is just going right down the pan isn't it? 

Have to be happy with a score of 51 and a 7k green arrow but my bench of Wood, Mendy and Rudi is painful to look at as that's 33 points, various players I thought would do well blanked and Wood is a massive differential. Could have been a fantastic week for me but oh well, could have also been a lot worse. 

A terrible week for me. Losing places in all my leagues except for 2 small ones where I’m miles ahead at the top (@Paddywhack tee hee).

38 points. Not helped by me taking a gamble and captaining Trent. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Have to be happy with a score of 51 and a 7k green arrow but my bench of Wood, Mendy and Rudi is painful to look at as that's 33 points, various players I thought would do well blanked and Wood is a massive differential. Could have been a fantastic week for me but oh well, could have also been a lot worse. 

Ouch. Benching Wood has got to hurt!

59 (-4) for me. Two steady weeks for me to recover from my two disastrous ones!

I like my team to be honest. Hopefully if I play the doubles and blank right I'll be able to push on towards that top 100k!

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ouch. Benching Wood has got to hurt!

Definitely regretting not sticking Wood in when I could have. 

Id likely be top 100k if he came on so I went into the final game hoping Nacho, Vardy or Maddison didn't play. 

I think Sanchez was the most frustrating though, about 15 of SHUs 18 goals this season have come from when I've picked the opposition keeper. 

• Like 2

63-4 and a 31k green arrow to 156k overall. My 2nd highest rank of the season. Pity about the Vardy blank. I was already doing well, so to go into the final game of the week with the 2 strikers from the home favourites was a very nice feeling. It's like 'well anything else is a bonus now' while still having 2 of your most potent assets still to play.

Kind of waiting now to see if any of the extra fixtures get resolved this GW before pulling any trigger. I'd like to roll the FT but getting Kane back in for Vardy is the one I'm hovering over.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

63-4 and a 31k green arrow to 156k overall. My 2nd highest rank of the season. Pity about the Vardy blank. I was already doing well, so to go into the final game of the week with the 2 strikers from the home favourites was a very nice feeling. It's like 'well anything else is a bonus now' while still having 2 of your most potent assets still to play.

Kind of waiting now to see if any of the extra fixtures get resolved this GW before pulling any trigger. I'd like to roll the FT but getting Kane back in for Vardy is the one I'm hovering over.

Yeah I'm the same. Bruno out for Son is the one I'm considering but that probable Man Utd double is making me hesitate. I'd like the fixtures confirmed so I can plan it properly.

I THINK I'll probably roll my transfers. I already have a fair few players who are doubling in 35 so I could play my 2 FTs and take a -4 the week after to get some players for the blank in.

We'll see

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'm the same. Bruno out for Son is the one I'm considering but that probable Man Utd double is making me hesitate. I'd like the fixtures confirmed so I can plan it properly.

I THINK I'll probably roll my transfers. I already have a fair few players who are doubling in 35 so I could play my 2 FTs and take a -4 the week after to get some players for the blank in.

We'll see

Bruno is the obvious sale, but I just know he's going to burn everyone who sells him, and Villa are great for stopping the rot.

• Like 1

65 points for a -4 hit this week.

Castagne made up for the disappointment in Vydra blanking in a 4-0 win with Wood taking all of the glory. I was 0.2m short for upgrading Vydra to Wood on my Wildcard a few weeks ago.

Upto 260k now, I think it's the best placed I've been so far this season.

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

Bruno is the obvious sale, but I just know he's going to burn everyone who sells him, and Villa are great for stopping the rot.

Yep. He's also exactly the kind of player to score a shitty penalty in a LIV/MUN derby this weekend

I'll take that Castagne 9 pointer to stop a terrible GW. 5.5k > 6.8k, not the end of the world.

I can't get Bruno out for Salah so maybe have to roll the transfer for another week but I plan to get him in on a wildcard soon so maybe a pointless roll. Wish they'd get these fixtures sorted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'll take that Castagne 9 pointer to stop a terrible GW. 5.5k > 6.8k, not the end of the world.

I can't get Bruno out for Salah so maybe have to roll the transfer for another week but I plan to get him in on a wildcard soon so maybe a pointless roll. Wish they'd get these fixtures sorted.

Handy to still have that wildcard when you're already such a great rank! Good work

Bruno out is going to be popular. Exactly the kind of scenario he'll punish :D 

Ended up being a 50 point week for me and the smallest green arrow of 1.4k so I sit 93k overall. At this point I just really want to stay in the top 100k, would be pretty gutted if I've slipped out of that in a few weeks time. 

Really not sure how I feel about a few players in my side. I think this week I'll probably scrap my Wolves attacker because they're bloody awful, the Neto/Podence plan didn't quite work out as hoped. 

The one player who's done nicely for me these past couple weeks is Pereira though. Obviously I got him after his huge 21 point haul but since then he's delivered 9, 2 and 10. Low ownership, on all set pieces so everything goes through him usually resulting in nice bps as well. Definitely glad I took the chance on him. 

• Like 2

I've gone full circle and I think I'm going to sell Bruno for Son this week.

It would allow me to swap Alonso for Coleman and Davis for Watkins next week ready for the doubles/blanks.

My current squad has 6 doublers and only 7 players for the blank (plus Davis).
The above would give me 7 doublers, and probably 11 for the blank.

The downside is I miss Bruno's DGW which could be lucrative, but I think it's probably worth the risk. The upside of getting Son in this week for SHU is pretty big!

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've gone full circle and I think I'm going to sell Bruno for Son this week.

It would allow me to swap Alonso for Coleman and Davis for Watkins next week ready for the doubles/blanks.

My current squad has 6 doublers and only 7 players for the blank (plus Davis).
The above would give me 7 doublers, and probably 11 for the blank.

The downside is I miss Bruno's DGW which could be lucrative, but I think it's probably worth the risk. The upside of getting Son in this week for SHU is pretty big!

I was wavering on Bruno to Son and what has turned me off it is I'd want him back straight away, and he is on pens and Man Utd at home are likely to put a big performance in against Liverpool.  So I'm going to do that thing which does not come naturally to me in FPL and I'm going to roll my FT and hope Son doesn't steamroll Sheff Utd. I'd only be re-arranging the deck chairs really, and I'll need to make more significant moves later on when I have more info.