Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I was wavering on Bruno to Son and what has turned me off it is I'd want him back straight away, and he is on pens and Man Utd at home are likely to put a big performance in against Liverpool.  So I'm going to do that thing which does not come naturally to me in FPL and I'm going to roll my FT and hope Son doesn't steamroll Sheff Utd. I'd only be re-arranging the deck chairs really, and I'll need to make more significant moves later on when I have more info.

Yeah that's the big fear. 

The positive for me is it frees up enough cash to get the others in (probably not Coleman now that I've properly looked at his minutes) so i think the points I gain overall will be worth missing out on that double.

I completely agree that Bruno could easily punish it though. Just have to hope for the opposite of what you want :D 

• Like 1

Have fixtures for the remaining weeks actually been locked in yet then? 

I'm rolling my FT this week, trying to fit 13 players into the 11 already and might fancy a mini wildcard next week. 

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Have fixtures for the remaining weeks actually been locked in yet then? 

Nope.

Ben Crellin has predicted some fixtures moving from 36 to 35 and the remaining outstanding fixtures to be played in 35. And he is rarely wrong. So chances are 35 will be a DGW and 36 will be a blank gameweek. But no official announcements yet.

Last time this happened they announced them literally seconds after the deadline for the current gameweek. So it wouldn't surprise me if that happened again this week.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope.

Ben Crellin has predicted some fixtures moving from 36 to 35 and the remaining outstanding fixtures to be played in 35. And he is rarely wrong. So chances are 35 will be a DGW and 36 will be a blank gameweek. But no official announcements yet.

Last time this happened they announced them literally seconds after the deadline for the current gameweek. So it wouldn't surprise me if that happened again this week.

Yeah I'd seen Ben's predictions but had seen it confirmed anywhere so thought I'd check. 

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've gone full circle and I think I'm going to sell Bruno for Son this week.

It would allow me to swap Alonso for Coleman and Davis for Watkins next week ready for the doubles/blanks.

My current squad has 6 doublers and only 7 players for the blank (plus Davis).
The above would give me 7 doublers, and probably 11 for the blank.

The downside is I miss Bruno's DGW which could be lucrative, but I think it's probably worth the risk. The upside of getting Son in this week for SHU is pretty big!

I've gone for it. Bruno is out and Son in.

I think Bruno will score this week. It's written in the stars. But I think my transfers will be worth it over the next few weeks

Was sure Alonso would get a start this week so that's **** me a bit. Having him and Dias hoping for the odd good week to give me a differential really isn't working out.

Red arrow at the moment but I've only had 3 players play so should be in a better position this time tomorrow

9 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Villa win but Calvert Lewin and Digne get a goal and an assist as well as somehow topping the bonus with 3 and 2? No idea how that even works but fantastic. 

Was exactly the result I was hoping for, don't have Martinez or a DF anymore. 

Most people are going to have shocking weeks to be fair. Unless you own Bale or captained Son you've probably scored very little.

On the plus side, my Bruno to Son transfer is looking pretty sweet right now!

Rumours it won't happen this week. And GW36 is the only week it could be slotted in. So Man Utd wouldn't have a blank in 36 and Liverpool would double in 35 with WBA and SOU

Which again just means anyone who has bothered to do any planning for this has completely wasted their time

I had triple Liverpool and Shaw, also had Rudi and Holding miss out. Looking at having only 8 players this week. Giving Son the captain has saved me as I'm on 40 with 3 still to play. Just wish I'd pulled the trigger on that Maddison to Bale upgrade I was considering. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I had triple Liverpool and Shaw, also had Rudi and Holding miss out. Looking at having only 8 players this week. Giving Son the captain has saved me as I'm on 40 with 3 still to play. Just wish I'd pulled the trigger on that Maddison to Bale upgrade I was considering. 

Son as captain was a great shout! very brave with kane's EO!