Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Got a bit of a problem with the 5 blanks I'm about to have next week. Triple Spurs so can't take any of them out and it's likely one of Stones or Dias will play against us but I don't know which so they both stay, whoever gets rested will be replaced by Dallas this week. That leaves me with just Digne off the bench, not much insurance.

Chelsea have very tough games coming up and rotation will be hard and I can't stomach another week without the dancing man child. Mount > Lingard.

Triple Captain Kane, which feels a bit crap because everyone else will at least have him as captain but it is what it is.

I think you'll be fine. You don't need me telling you people over-plan for blanks and doubles. Keeping a team intact can easily score better if you've got a good 10 against everyone else's possibly poorer 11, and you clearly have a very good team.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I think you'll be fine. You don't need me telling you people over-plan for blanks and doubles. Keeping a team intact can easily score better if you've got a good 10 against everyone else's possibly poorer 11, and you clearly have a very good team.

That is a good point that I didn't consider, 10 might still be fine over taking a hit to get 11.

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

That is a good point that I didn't consider, 10 might still be fine over taking a hit to get 11.

Especially given what Spurs have the week after too.

37 of the top 40 players in our league have captained or triple captained Kane. I can’t remember seeing a captain as favoured as Kane this week.

I was actually on Lingard until yesterday, as I often think doubles can trick us, as players tend to get rotated when there’s two games so close together. Glad I moved it to Kane now though.

Even at my rank (230k before the weekend) his EO is over 200%

And as evidence I have him as captain (plus Son) and my rank has gone down.

I don't ever remember that happening. Having your captain score a brace and your rank go down is pretty infuriating

Makes me hate captains even more. I'd happily see them taken out of the game

• Like 1

I'd you don't have the TC on Kane then I'm pretty sure it's all about just holding serve. Get out of this week with roughly your same rank and you make up ground on the guys who went triple Spurs for this GW. 

I've somehow got a 1k green arrow without TC on Kane. Think it's the whopping 2 points from Son pushing me over the edge. 

Can't stand captains. Makes you actively hope your own players do poorly at times which shouldn't be a part of the game. 

I'm now actively hoping my captain who already has a brace doesn't play his 2nd fixture as the guy 2nd in my work league has him TC. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Even at my rank (230k before the weekend) his EO is over 200%

And as evidence I have him as captain (plus Son) and my rank has gone down.

I don't ever remember that happening. Having your captain score a brace and your rank go down is pretty infuriating

Makes me hate captains even more. I'd happily see them taken out of the game

Yeah the longer this season has gone on the more I hate it. There's always at least one player in my team, usually Fernandes, that if they do well I lose rank from it.

Guess that's what we get for looking at EO. If you weren't taking the game that seriously I'm sure you'd have loads of fun cheering on Kane before realising you have lost rank. Lots of people in this boat, maybe it's a better way of life? 😁

Thought I'd check my captain points for the season, there's clearly going to be a skill (and also luck) gap to this so maybe I'd want to keep it even with having to root against my own team at times. I'm not sure what the average is but if anyone else wants to check you can do so here  (https://www.premierfantasytools.com/fpl-captain-picks-analyzer/)

c8c63919636cbc3256f35fee3c55deaf.png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeah the longer this season has gone on the more I hate it. There's always at least one player in my team, usually Fernandes, that if they do well I lose rank from it.

Guess that's what we get for looking at EO. If you weren't taking the game that seriously I'm sure you'd have loads of fun cheering on Kane before realising you have lost rank. Lots of people in this boat, maybe it's a better way of life? 😁

Thought I'd check my captain points for the season, there's clearly going to be a skill (and also luck) gap to this so maybe I'd want to keep it even with having to root against my own team at times. I'm not sure what the average is but if anyone else wants to check you can do so here  (https://www.premierfantasytools.com/fpl-captain-picks-analyzer/)

Interesting tool. It's 438 for me with 7 red weeks (guessing this is no goal /assists) which isn't bad.

What's really interesting is seeing that I captained Auba in weeks 1 and 2 as I'd forgotten I even had him at that point. 

10 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Cheers for the link. Mine is 507. I’m amazed I’m doing relatively well in my leagues, considering my captain score in GW 27 & 28 was both ‘2’ 😑

442 for me.

Best captain score from Bruno (34) in GW14. Interestingly it's Werner (32) after that in GW5, which I deserved as I put too much faith in him in the early weeks and captained him 3 times in a row from 3-5 and only delivered me 8 points in total before his haul. 

That’s a nifty tool, shows I’ve not made the most of my captain choices with 412. Forgot I had Aubameyang for the first few games. A couple of 32s from Kane but a whole load of 4s from him too. Knowing when to switch is the key I think.

366 for me. Which shows you where most of my problems have been this season.

I've actually been on a fairly decent run of captain as well. From GW12 to about GW22 my captain blanked pretty much every week

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh I'm on 34 from 3 players this week. 17k red arrow. Madness

Interesting. I'm on 40 from 4 with a 18k green arrow back up to 150k with a total of 1982. I think your only about 30 points behind me so it must be very packed around our scores.