Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’m not one to knee jerk react.

But it’s 40 minutes after the announcement and I’ve just brought in 2 Man Utd players, with minimal planning for the blank gameweek, and took my total transfers this week to a -12.

Best of luck ! 😲😬

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I actually think Liverpool are the better bet for transfers. They now have a DGW with 4 days rest followed by no blank and 3 easy games. 

I’ve already got triple LFC, Salah, Trent and Jota. But I actually think Jota isn’t going to play as much as the others.

30 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve already got triple LFC, Salah, Trent and Jota. But I actually think Jota isn’t going to play as much as the others.

Same as me and I've been looking for a way to swap Jota out for Robertson but just can find a way to do so that I like.

Involes losing Rudi or Son realistically and don't think that's worth it. 

I need to get the spreadsheet out for this one!

I imagine I'll get Bruno straight back after selling him last week. I can't let a TGW pass without tripling up on Utd players. It wouldn't be right

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I need to get the spreadsheet out for this one!

I imagine I'll get Bruno straight back after selling him last week. I can't let a TGW pass without tripling up on Utd players. It wouldn't be right

Good luck if you do but really feel it's a trap. Fixtures aren't great and they come to fast, then you get hit with a blank. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Good luck if you do but really feel it's a trap. Fixtures aren't great and they come to fast, then you get hit with a blank. 

Not just that. The Europa League final is 3 days after GW38 v Wolves. No way Bruno plays against Wolves, so for me Bruno blanks 2 of the last 3 gameweeks.

I'm leaning towards ignoring the Triple (which seems odd saying that) and just going with my original plan of bringing in Digne and Siggy for Everton's double and run in. Although might wait a week on Siggy as that gives a straight swap from Maddison. Having 2FT for next week's blank might come in handy with any injuries or last minute changes and would potentially set me up for the final weeks. 

Was pretty happy with how things were before this change. Zaha and one other were coming in but now I'll need to get Salah in. Looks like Son > Salah, Dias > Trent and Kane > Watkins but wont make any decisions until Friday. I have wildcard but would rather take a small hit and then be able to wildcard after this DGW as I already have a lot set up for it.

On the face of it I do think Utd's fixtures are a bit of a trap. 3 games in 5 days against us, Leicester and Pool. These are tough games and they will be heavily rotated, they also have no striker options which doesn't help me as I need to shift Kane for the funds. Shaw, Bruno and Greenwood are the only real options and I don't think any of them start all 3. Fully expect Telles, James, Mata and even VDB to get 90+ mins over this period. Not sure what to do with Jota given he was benched when the line ups were announced on Sunday, Liverpool might well change their plans though as they will face a very tired United on the back end of this 3 game stretch.

I reckon Salah is a better captain option than Fernandes, need to check the expected EO though to see if I want to punt on that. I don't fancy watching Fernandes potentially play 3 games if his EO is 150%+ and he's not my captain.

Utd game tomorrow is all but done but I think they play a strong team, sit tight and wait for the Friday pressers! 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Not just that. The Europa League final is 3 days after GW38 v Wolves. No way Bruno plays against Wolves, so for me Bruno blanks 2 of the last 3 gameweeks.

Bruno would be in and out for me. In for the TGW and back out for Son

I'm actually fine with it now. I already have Greenwood and was planning on getting Shaw this week anyway. The only thing I'm changing is instead of DCL in for Davis I'm doing Son to bruno.

Then next week Son in for Bruno again and Iheanacho out for DCL. Gives me 9 players for the blank plus Forster and Davis

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

As above I'm only changing my plan by one player anyway.

I do think it's unlikely that ANY Utd player will play all 3. But **** it. When are we going to get a TGW again? I am loading up.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

As above I'm only changing my plan by one player anyway.

I do think it's unlikely that ANY Utd player will play all 3. But **** it. When are we going to get a TGW again? I am loading up.

Good luck with it. Would you do the same though if it was just a DGW against Leicester and Liverpool? I'm tempted by Bruno but feel he'll play the more difficult games and doesn't appear to be in great form recently. Happy to be convinced my gut is wrong on this one. 

The difficult games are 2 days apart though, I think it's unlikely he's totally rested for our game and then gets 180 mins Tue/Thur. There's also a good chance he's off at HT/60 mins tonight, if the games go smoothly for Utd he may start all 3 but get subbed after an hour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Good luck with it. Would you do the same though if it was just a DGW against Leicester and Liverpool? I'm tempted by Bruno but feel he'll play the more difficult games and doesn't appear to be in great form recently. Happy to be convinced my gut is wrong on this one. 

Nope I wouldn't. But it's not a DGW. Yeah I agree there's a good chance no Utd player will play all 3 games. But we play this for fun, and there's no way I'm letting the first TGW I can ever remember pass without having one of the best players in the game in my squad regardless of the form he's in :) 

• Like 1

Wow. I thought they would just swap Man Utd vs Leicester to the next weekend and play Man Utd vs Liverpool that midweek instead.

Edit: Oh, FA Cup final, obviously. It's hard to keep track these days.

Ever been a TGW before?

Edited by fightoffyour

14 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Wow. I thought they would just swap Man Utd vs Leicester to the next weekend and play Man Utd vs Liverpool that midweek instead.

Edit: Oh, FA Cup final, obviously. It's hard to keep track these days.

Ever been a TGW before?

I can't remember one, but I've heard other experienced FPLers say things like 'they don't come around often' which I'm inferring to mean they've happened before.

Apparently Middlesbrough had one quite some time ago (they drew two games 1-1 and another 0-0 so doesn't sound like it was very profitable)

And I've seen other people on Twitter suggesting Blues might have had one in the very early days of FPL (this version of it anyway)

• Thanks 1