Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

How many people do you think are waiting until after their game on Thursday before making the transfers? 

I certainly am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I certainly am.

From what I've seen on Twitter it seems like you're in a minority. I know it makes me a d1ck but I'd love it if Penandes plays and gets injured just to see the meltdown. 

• Like 1

I don't think it makes you a dick tbh. I'm a Fernandes owner but it's pretty obvious that needing your opposition to do badly is kinda required in order for you to progress.

On that note it's looking increasingly likely that I'll be rolling this week. There are too many medium term problems related to making the short term moves I would like to make.

27 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

From what I've seen on Twitter it seems like you're in a minority. I know it makes me a d1ck but I'd love it if Penandes plays and gets injured just to see the meltdown. 

I'm sure loads of people have gone early to avoid getting priced out. Shaw and Greenwood both rose last night for example (I think)

But if anyone hasn't made their transfers already, they should definitely be waiting until after that Utd game tonight now

Bruno getting injured half an hour into the first game of the TGW would be a very FPL thing to happen.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruno getting injured half an hour into the first game of the TGW would be a very FPL thing to happen.

Well as it's against us I won't complain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I don't think it makes you a dick tbh. I'm a Fernandes owner but it's pretty obvious that needing your opposition to do badly is kinda required in order for you to progress.

On that note it's looking increasingly likely that I'll be rolling this week. There are too many medium term problems related to making the short term moves I would like to make.

Not so much needing opposition to do badly, obviously I do, but it's more due to the hyperbole I've seen on Twitter about the triple and Bruno smashing it.

I've toyed with the idea of bringing more Utd players in but can't find something I'm happy with, even doing a - 8, so think I'll just do Coady to Digne (would love Robertson but have to shift Jota and either ditch Son or don't have enough to get anyone decent) so I have 2 FT for the blank just in case. 

Only Fernandes for me from Utd. Would have liked Greenwood but wanted Salah and went Trent over Shaw. I just can't predict what will happen with the defence and these are hard games.

Bruno (c) purely because his EO is going to be through the roof and if I can't enjoy a TGW then what's the point! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Only Fernandes for me from Utd. Would have liked Greenwood but wanted Salah and went Trent over Shaw. I just can't predict what will happen with the defence and these are hard games.

Bruno (c) purely because his EO is going to be through the roof and if I can't enjoy a TGW then what's the point! 

I wanted to get Bruno in for the same reason but was just too expensive without ditching Salah or making way too many changes. 

I had Shaw already but decided to grab Greenwood just to have a finger in the fire. 

Yep around 160% EO on average for Bruno. 

Part of me Wants to ignore EO. But my logic is always well if Bruno scores I’m happy. And if Greenwood or Salah scores then I can still be happy. 

If I captained Greenwood or Salah then I’d want Bruno to Fail. On a TGW. I hate that. 

Even though I think it’s entirely possible that Salah will Outscore bruno

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

45k Green arrow up to 64k overall. Let's call the week now. No need for Utd to play... 

Nah we're gonna hunt you down like a dog now 😂😂

• Haha 1

My week is going ok.

However, before the TGW was announced, my plan was to keep Son, swap Alonso for Godfrey, Lingard for Raphinha and Davis for DCL.

DCL and Son have both scored, Raphinha got an assist and Godfrey got an assist and a CS.

So even though I'm doing well, it'll be interesting to see how my previously planned team would have done by the end of this gameweek

Dilemma now. I've brought in Dallas for Castagne and Kane for Vardy for GW36. That's my 2 FTs. I can put out 10 players with that. But I still have Bruno and Iheanacho (and Shaw) blanking. I suspect Bruno will also get limited minutes in 38 and Iheanacho's fixtures are not great in 37 & 38 anyway.  So do I pull the trigger on a -8 and bring in either Son or Bale for Fernandes and one of Bamford, Antonio or DCL for Iheanacho (I need the Bruno money to make the forward transfer but I could make the Bruno transfer on its own). I think it would work out. The only fixture I'd probably regret is Bruno v Fulham in 37 but given the others have 6 solid fixtures it more than makes up.  The only decision I think is which of the forwards to buy. They all have their merits. I may plump for DCL and chase the Sheffield United game. Plus I've already got double Leeds cover and Lingard at West Ham.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That's Ollie Watkins finishing the double game week on -1 then 😧

A guy in one of my mini-leagues forgot the deadline and had Watkins as captain.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Dilemma now. I've brought in Dallas for Castagne and Kane for Vardy for GW36. That's my 2 FTs. I can put out 10 players with that. But I still have Bruno and Iheanacho (and Shaw) blanking. I suspect Bruno will also get limited minutes in 38 and Iheanacho's fixtures are not great in 37 & 38 anyway.  So do I pull the trigger on a -8 and bring in either Son or Bale for Fernandes and one of Bamford, Antonio or DCL for Iheanacho (I need the Bruno money to make the forward transfer but I could make the Bruno transfer on its own). I think it would work out. The only fixture I'd probably regret is Bruno v Fulham in 37 but given the others have 6 solid fixtures it more than makes up.  The only decision I think is which of the forwards to buy. They all have their merits. I may plump for DCL and chase the Sheffield United game. Plus I've already got double Leeds cover and Lingard at West Ham.

I don't know what the answer is, but your transfers are very similar to what I have planned!

I'm going Iheanacho and bruno to DCL and Son this week for a -4. That gives me 9 for GW36 plus Davis and Forster (it's a shame Watkins' red card didn't happen against Everton :) )

Contemplating another hit to boost those numbers, but we'll see what happens