Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He was also dropped the last game.

Rotating keepers is a whole new ball game!

Yeah that really is not cricket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Has this been confirmed? I was hoping to live like a hippo until team news at 5pm

Not confirmed but likely as he hasn't trained since. Although they might be giving him every chance to rest. I also find it unlikely Mason would risk damaging him long term in his first match. But we shall see. 

16 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not sure how I should feel about the Kane triple captain. He got a lot of points but most have captained him anyway, it had the potential to be great and I don't even get the sweat of a second game.

Could've been a 100 point week if he'd been fit for Soton. A success nonetheless but could've been a massive green arrow.

My -8 worked anyway. Got rid of a combined 3pts and have 19 from 2 with Iheanacho to play. So that's something. Back into the top 200k at 189 and got Salah for Son before his price rise last night.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

My -8 worked anyway. Got rid of a combined 3pts and have 19 from 2 with Iheanacho to play. So that's something. Back into the top 200k at 189 and got Salah for Son before his price rise last night.

Yeah my -4 worked too. Sterling and Neto out for Lingard and Son. Made the points back easily.

The issue with it was bringing in two players who most people had anyway!

Another -4 for me next week. Nat Phillips and Son out for Maddison and Trent. Phillips' injury, assuming he's out for the next game would mean I'd be down to 10 players (including Mendy and Alonso) so I think it's worth it.

• Like 1

Next question is do I bring Son back in the week after, and for who? I'm actually contemplating selling Bruno for the first time this season. Only contemplating though. Kane's fitness might sway any Son decision. I'll just enjoy GW33 first :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BOF said:

Next question is do I bring Son back in the week after, and for who? I'm actually contemplating selling Bruno for the first time this season. Only contemplating though. Kane's fitness might sway any Son decision. I'll just enjoy GW33 first :)

Yeah I'm considering exactly the same. Son is out this week for me but with SHU next it's hard to not want him back. Another blank for Bruno may sway me

Rumours now of Jota out for the season. Missing from all training photos. In a way that's good because it takes a massive mid priced template player and throws it completely out to the differentials. You'll get huge diversity off the back of that injury. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Rumours now of Jota out for the season. Missing from all training photos. In a way that's good because it takes a massive mid priced template player and throws it completely out to the differentials. You'll get huge diversity off the back of that injury. 

Yeah I've seen the rumours. Klopp press conference in a bit.

That'll change my transfer plans completely. Not sure how yet but I'll have to get him out if that happens. Maybe hold onto Son for the time being

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Klopp just said Jota is fine. So unless he’s bullshitting looks like the rumours were false

Good. As I'd used my 2 FTs to swap Kane for Vardy and Forster for Sanchez and didn't fancy taking a - 4. Worst case he doesn't play I have Wood coming off the bench for a likely 2 points. 

I think anyone with 11 players this week should have a pretty decent one as I expect a fair few Spurs and City players in ppls line ups still. 

The Jota answer was a bit strange, looked up and around confused before saying he was fine.

I'll have no bench this week and I have a feeling someone is going to miss out. Lingard and Calvert Lewin passed fit and Jota technically passed fit as well.

Dias, Stones, Son, Kane missing for me, one of them will be transferred out. Kane > Vardy would be ideal as he might be out a while but sadly I'm already capped for Leicester players, not many other options. Stones > Coady is safe but there's not much upside to it. Will check later once all the presser news is in. 

I've gone another route. I've swapped Kane out for Vardy. That way I'm considerably improving my starting 11 the way replacing Raphinha would not have been, and it solves my Kane problem if he is out for more than a week. I'd rather have Raphinha stinking my squad out than have a depreciating premium stinking it out, and now I'm back up to 11 playing players and the hit was only half a hit given that I was replacing a non-playing player so it's a -2 in reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

The Jota answer was a bit strange, looked up and around confused before saying he was fine.

It’s because someone asked him about being pictured training one of the days. Him looking around was trying to remember what happened on that day. Then he gives up and just says he’s fine

Stones > Coady. Captain Fernandes.

Might be the first time I've set up with a 4-4-2. No Salah at all for me and he will be huge captain choice so massive fade needed, hope Nacho ownership isn't above 100% because that's just depressing.