Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Son as captain was a great shout! very brave with kane's EO!

Not that brave as I sold Kane two weeks ago to get Vardy in.... Who's done absolutely nothing. Left me with a choice between Son or Nacho really and thought Son was more likely to score big. 

• Like 1

Im on 47 with Lingard to go and Coady will come off my bench if the Utd Pool game doesn't end up being played this week. Thought they might have done it today but Utd have Roma on Thursday so impossible now.

I only have Jota and Fernandes so worked out okay for me. Bit of a shame this season is such a shitshow though.

Yeah it's a real kick in the teeth if that game doesn't go ahead, especially with it making the doubles and blank easier to navigate.

Jealous of people in the high 40.s with players to go tonight. Great result that. This wasn't a good week for Dias and Alonso not to play for me!

This gameweek has really annoyed me to be honest.

34 points isn't great but I don't understand how it's resulted in such a big red arrow when so many people would have been affected by the cancellation.

Also the cancellation means every man and his dog is going to have loads of DGW players now and not many missing in the blank gameweek. So yet again planning has resulted in bugger all gains

So Lowton concedes twice, Podence played 20 minutes, Coady conceded and Pereira done nothing resulting in a massive 24 point week. 33k red arrow, 128k overall. 

I would quite like this FPL season to be done with now. 

• Like 2

Right I'm back. Well that was all a bit shit. Absolute horlicks of a week. 29pts all out and only 7 players played. Thank McGrath for Ollie's little haul. A 33k red arrow to 188k which could have been a whole lot worse had Kane done anything. Feared the worst when I saw 4-0 but somehow got out of that one unscathed.  Hopefully the doubles fall for me now. If Liverpool end up doubling this week then I'll have "lucked"* into a cracking team for the week.

* although we can hardly call any of this luck in the positive sense.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Right I'm back. Well that was all a bit shit. Absolute horlicks of a week. 29pts all out and only 7 players played. Thank McGrath for Ollie's little haul. A 33k red arrow to 188k which could have been a whole lot worse had Kane done anything. Feared the worst when I saw 4-0 but somehow got out of that one unscathed.  Hopefully the doubles fall for me now. If Liverpool end up doubling this week then I'll have "lucked"* into a cracking team for the week.

* although we can hardly call any of this luck in the positive sense.

This week is awful luck.

Obviously luck always plays a part in FPL. But to have a huge chunk of your team wiped out through something like this is so frustrating. There's no way you can account for that.

I think I got away with it earlier in the season when we had games cancelled through covid so this is the first time it's really stung me

I got 40 points from 9 players this week. Overall, not a terrible score, considering. 

Son, Christenson & Mendy really saved me.

I’ve finally bitten the bullet and got Ihaenacho in! 

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

United triple gameweek 35 

Christ. That’ll teach me for doing my transfers early. Now I feel like have to spend some points to get a Man Utd player in.

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Christ. That’ll teach me for doing my transfers early. Now I feel like have to spend some points to get a Man Utd player in.

I nearly did mine (2 x Everton) last night. Glad I didnt but first thought is Utd could be a trap as it's 3 games in 5 days with Leicester and Liverpool back to back. There'll be heavy rotation and potentially low scoring games. 

• Like 1

Wow - I’ve been without Bruno for a few weeks and was going to leave him for the DGW... gonna have to bring him in now as he’ll be the ultimate rank killer if I don’t. Annoying as I had already planned transfers for this week!

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I nearly did mine (2 x Everton) last night. Glad I didnt but first thought is Utd could be a trap as it's 3 games in 5 days with Leicester and Liverpool back to back. There'll be heavy rotation and potentially low scoring games. 

Followed by a blank. I'm currently mulling over Lingard to Greenwood but the rotation is worrying plus it's only 1 extra fixture over 2 weeks and if I want him straight back then it'll be 4pts and Lingard has a decent fixture too. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

United also play tomorrow night so that's 4 games in 8 days with 2 of those played with only 1 days rest. Surely our game has to be the most rotated for them as it would theoretically be the easiest and not to a Champs League rival. 

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Followed by a blank. I'm currently mulling over Lingard to Greenwood but the rotation is worrying plus it's only 1 extra fixture over 2 weeks and if I want him straight back then it'll be 4pts and Lingard has a decent fixture too. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

That blank is a really good point. People will triple up on Utd and then be stuck the week after, especially with the other blanks. 

I've got Shaw already and might pick up another one at most but struggling to decide who is lowest rotation risk. 

I’m not one to knee jerk react.

But it’s 40 minutes after the announcement and I’ve just brought in 2 Man Utd players, with minimal planning for the blank gameweek, and took my total transfers this week to a -12.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’m not one to knee jerk react.

But it’s 40 minutes after the announcement and I’ve just brought in 2 Man Utd players, with minimal planning for the blank gameweek, and took my total transfers this week to a -12.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you. 

• Thanks 1