Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

I seem to have done basically what I did at this point last season. Wildcard to a template team, which is fine, but the few players I have that aren't part of that template are doing shit.

So anyone I have who does well, everyone has anyway so is no benefit. And the differentials I have do nothing while everyone else's differentials succeed.

Frustrating to say the least

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I seem to have done basically what I did at this point last season. Wildcard to a template team, which is fine, but the few players I have that aren't part of that template are doing shit.

So anyone I have who does well, everyone has anyway so is no benefit. And the differentials I have do nothing while everyone else's differentials succeed.

Frustrating to say the least

That's basically why I had my recent hissy fit mini-wildcard. Everyone had my core and my others were absolute shit, while watching the likes of Gundog get 1s and 2s.  Watch him get double figures against us now btw with KDB's injury and him starting further forward, just as I sold him (but I still don't care, I couldn't look at him any more).

I accepted the points deduction just to freshen up and have players who will make a difference.

Just now, BOF said:

That's basically why I had my recent hissy fit mini-wildcard. Everyone had my core and my others were absolute shit, while watching the likes of Gundog get 1s and 2s.  Watch him get double figures against us now btw with KDB's injury and him starting further forward, just as I sold him (but I still don't care, I couldn't look at him any more).

I accepted the points deduction just to freshen up and have players who will make a difference.

Yeah that's where I'm at. But I find myself now taking hits to get to a team that will do well, but people already have. 

This week I'll probably go Son to Maddison and Phillips to Trent. And I'll have a good team that I could easily have had with my wildcard 2 weeks ago and avoided two hits and had all the points that came with it.

It's been a proper disastrous couple of weeks.

Alonso actually starting and returning big tonight would make things seem a lot lot better. but knowing Tuchel he'll start Chilwell and Kepa 

I took Mount out my team, he's a key player for them and they have such big games with FA Cup/CL now. Chelsea are a real pain, even Kepa is being rotated in tonight apparently, worse than Pep.

My team is very template at the moment (89%), it's boring but sometimes you have to ride the template period out. The big hitters have been poor this season which means there's not much room for differentials as budget hasn't been an issue for most.

I'd like to see them change it up a bit for next season, you'd think Sterling, Auba, Mane, Jesus, Werner etc have to come down in value and I cant see any medium to big hitters that will go up. I think having 1 point less for a goal if it's a penalty would liven up the captain situation, I will always pick Kane over Son purely because of the pens.

I see the usual silly suggestions bandied around on twitter about how to make the FPL better.  For me it's 90% right. But the one area it ignores is defensive midfielder. I don't know exactly the best way to incorporate them into the scoring but they are currently a position to completely ignore other than the fact they tend to be cheaper midfielders and therefore enablers of sorts.  But surely they can be better utilised.  Whether it's giving points for certain types of defensive midfield contributions.  Or requiring a squad to contain one defensive mid in some way.  I think it'd be good if the likes of Ndidi, Kante etc all of a sudden became valuable to FPL in the way that they are to their own teams.  Obviously they won't become the stars.  But some kind of recognition would plug a current gap and might mean you don't have to go tinkering with the other areas of the game which, to me, are already working pretty well.

• Like 1

Yeah it's mostly fine, I think the one thing they have changed over the years is the chips. We did have an 'All out attack chip', I'm sure there were others that I cant remember.

There's just been so many pens given this season though, at the start I almost wildcarded to a team of 8 pen takers. Defensive mids could get 2 for a clean sheet, it's complicating the game though and they really want to keep it simple and I cant blame them for that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeah it's mostly fine, I think the one thing they have changed over the years is the chips. We did have an 'All out attack chip', I'm sure there were others that I cant remember.

There's just been so many pens given this season though, at the start I almost wildcarded to a team of 8 pen takers. Defensive mids could get 2 for a clean sheet, it's complicating the game though and they really want to keep it simple and I cant blame them for that.

Yeah completely agree and that's what I would want to avoid. Which is why I think what they're doing is fine. They just need one more thing to address the DCMs (get me with my yoof terminology) as they're the only blind spot.  2pts for a DCM CS isn't a bad shout. Also increase the BPS points for their contributions in the game, making them more likely to get bonuses. That would be an invisible change and wouldn't add any complication.

I believe Sky have a brilliant fantasy game which many regard as being far superior to the official one but it is more complicated although it does benefit much more of what happens within the game like passes and tackles. Whatever floats your boat.

I could do with the evil Super League Chelsea keeping a clean sheet tonight. I made the mistake of picking Salah and Jota from my Liverpool 3.

Rudiger and Christensen both getting clean sheets would make up for Trent’s 8 points on the bench.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I could do with the evil Super League Chelsea keeping a clean sheet tonight. I made the mistake of picking Salah and Jota from my Liverpool 3.

Rudiger and Christensen both getting clean sheets would make up for Trent’s 8 points on the bench.

Went well. Rudiger and Alonso for me. That'll do nicely. If only he'd played Mendy as well!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I see the usual silly suggestions bandied around on twitter about how to make the FPL better.  For me it's 90% right. But the one area it ignores is defensive midfielder. I don't know exactly the best way to incorporate them into the scoring but they are currently a position to completely ignore other than the fact they tend to be cheaper midfielders and therefore enablers of sorts.  But surely they can be better utilised.  Whether it's giving points for certain types of defensive midfield contributions.  Or requiring a squad to contain one defensive mid in some way.  I think it'd be good if the likes of Ndidi, Kante etc all of a sudden became valuable to FPL in the way that they are to their own teams.  Obviously they won't become the stars.  But some kind of recognition would plug a current gap and might mean you don't have to go tinkering with the other areas of the game which, to me, are already working pretty well.

I still think they should do away with captains. And not just because I"m shit at picking them :D 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think they should do away with captains. And not just because I"m shit at picking them :D 

Nah. I like that feature. But vice captain fallback hedge your bets shit can get in the **** sea. 

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nah. I like that feature. But vice captain fallback hedge your bets shit can get in the **** sea. 

I kind of like it.

I just hate that it produces lots of situations where players that I own doing well hurts my rank. That is my least favourite part about FPL. So many times this season I've had to watch Liverpool or Utd games and not want Salah or Bruno to do well because their EO is over 100% and I've captained the other one.

No captains would mean you'd simply want all of your players to do as well as possible all the time

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Went well. Rudiger and Alonso for me. That'll do nicely. If only he'd played Mendy as well!

Bloody Tuchel roulette! It’s like having two Peps. Luckily, I think the time of us all owning Chelsea players is coming to an end with their fixtures turning slightly.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Bloody Tuchel roulette! It’s like having two Peps. Luckily, I think the time of us all owning Chelsea players is coming to an end with their fixtures turning slightly.

Yeah I don't intend to hold onto Alonso much longer. Rudiger will stay because he seems to be pretty much nailed on every week.

The plan was to keep Mendy as well but it'll depend if he's actually dropped or not. Should be an easy enough switch back to Martinez if he's not

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I don't intend to hold onto Alonso much longer. Rudiger will stay because he seems to be pretty much nailed on every week.

The plan was to keep Mendy as well but it'll depend if he's actually dropped or not. Should be an easy enough switch back to Martinez if he's not

My planned switch was Mendy to Leno in GW 35, but I think I was definitely looking at Arsenal’s fixtures over the fact that their defence is actually pretty shaky.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

My planned switch was Mendy to Leno in GW 35, but I think I was definitely looking at Arsenal’s fixtures over the fact that their defence is actually pretty shaky.

He was also dropped the last game.

Rotating keepers is a whole new ball game!

25 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Spent 4 points to bring in Reguilon for his double and then SHU after the blank. Now I have absolutely no idea what kind of tactics or formation Ryan **** Mason will employ, he could be out on his arse this week.

Danny Rose is back to lead the team to glory

Danny Rose manages to hold back the tears as he arrives for Tottenham training

• Haha 1