Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

(it's a shame Watkins' red card didn't happen against Everton :) )

I'm wondering how many people will knee-jerk sell Ollie after his red :lol: He's one of the most sold players this week. Fingers crossed for a haul against Palace :D  

• Haha 1

Of course the one transfer I make this week was Maguire and then he goes and gets injured in the first game of a treble.

67 points as it stands. Someone better sign Pereira this summer so I can reunite with him next season, he's been great for me. 

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Dilemma now. I've brought in Dallas for Castagne and Kane for Vardy for GW36. That's my 2 FTs. I can put out 10 players with that. But I still have Bruno and Iheanacho (and Shaw) blanking. I suspect Bruno will also get limited minutes in 38 and Iheanacho's fixtures are not great in 37 & 38 anyway.  So do I pull the trigger on a -8 and bring in either Son or Bale for Fernandes and one of Bamford, Antonio or DCL for Iheanacho (I need the Bruno money to make the forward transfer but I could make the Bruno transfer on its own). I think it would work out. The only fixture I'd probably regret is Bruno v Fulham in 37 but given the others have 6 solid fixtures it more than makes up.  The only decision I think is which of the forwards to buy. They all have their merits. I may plump for DCL and chase the Sheffield United game. Plus I've already got double Leeds cover and Lingard at West Ham.

I'm in a similar boat, need to ditch a few players as only have (an unconvincing) 8 players starting. I'm going to wait a few days to figure it out but thinking I'll take a - 8 or so to set myself up for the final few weeks. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Greenwood serving me well this gameweek

Yeah he's doing great for me too. Glad i swapped him in for Maddison. Just need Bruno to do nothing against Liverpool and Salah to grab a hat-trick. Be nice if Jota could do something but I doubt that. 

On 11/05/2021 at 20:57, Stevo985 said:

Greenwood serving me well this gameweek

On 12/05/2021 at 06:53, Rds1983 said:

Yeah he's doing great for me too. Glad i swapped him in for Maddison. Just need Bruno to do nothing against Liverpool and Salah to grab a hat-trick. Be nice if Jota could do something but I doubt that. 

als GIF

If he starts today it'll be my biggest single GW mistake of the season deciding not to bring him in for JLingzzz. It probably already is tbh.

• Haha 2

Crazy week!

123 (-4) for me and about a 30k Green up to 188k

38 points off the top 100k so not expecting to get that but I'll give it a go. My previous best is 178k so that's an achievable goal

• Like 1

Well I was wrong about Bruno this week but still think I'd of had to dismantle my team to much to get him so I'm convincing myself it was the right decision. Would have meant ditching Salah or Son plus 1 other so it kinda balances out. Greenwood was a definite plus though. 

I'm hoping I can stay top 100k as I've never done that before but whatever happens this should be my best ever season. 

I'm now - 12 for this week and for the run in though so hoping that doesn't come back to bite me. 

131 with a -4. Last nights games really helped, points everywhere for me with Digne, Martinez, Salah, Jota, Trent, Bruno all returning.

Salah didn't outscore Bruno like I thought he might but he was fairly fortunate with a pen and one that could have gone down as an own goal.

Wildcard now active while we wait for the pressers. Was planning to avoid City but hearing they might be at full strength tonight so Mahrez, Foden, Stones on the radar again.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

131 with a -4. Last nights games really helped, points everywhere for me with Digne, Martinez, Salah, Jota, Trent, Bruno all returning.

Salah didn't outscore Bruno like I thought he might but he was fairly fortunate with a pen and one that could have gone down as an own goal.

Wildcard now active while we wait for the pressers. Was planning to avoid City but hearing they might be at full strength tonight so Mahrez, Foden, Stones on the radar again.

What's your rank now? 

My best ever season and I'm still 120 points behind you. Well done bud. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

The Everton Villa game ruined me last night. It dropped me about 30k places. 0-0 was the worst possible result

The top three in the overall score are separated by just six points. I can imagine those three are going to have many sleepless nights over the next week...

• Like 1

I pulled the -8 trigger last night because it looked like Iheanacho was about to drop with a -104% on fplstatistics. Looks like he'll be dropping tonight instead along with potentially Bruno and Watkins.

My -8 this week is
Castagne(blank che TOT) ->Dallas(bur sou WBA)
Vardy(blank che TOT) -> Kane(WOL AST lei)
Iheanacho(blank che TOT) -> Calvert-Lewin(SHE WOL mc)
Fernandes(blank FUL wol) ->Bale(WOL AST lei)

I'm set up ridiculously good for the run-in now barring any disasters (therefore there will definitely be disasters).  Bale instead of Son allows me to go Watkins(tot CHE) to Bamford(sou WBA) in 37. I still don't think Bruno plays against Wolves in 38 with the EL final 3 days later.

• Like 2

I was wondering about transfer hits in the top 100 ranks.

The most is 68pts in 33rd place.

11th place has had no transfer hits this season.

Just goes to show, transfer hit strategies will not determine your season. Getting the transfer right will.

5d9c2183c3836f5817323e177bcd60b0.png

• Like 1

I'm considering a -8 too.

Definitely taking a -4. Iheanacho to DCL and Bruno to Son/Mahrez is happening (leaning towards Mahrez as the higher upside)

However considering the extra hit to go Rudiger to Digne. It would add a good player for this week (I'm at XI but it includes Forster, Davis and Dias who are all questionable), and I don't really need Rudiger. He doesn't look like he's nailed anymore and I'll have TAA, Digne, Dias, Shaw and Coady anyway.

There's others I'd rather sell, like Lingard and Coady, but with a game this week I can't justify it

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm considering a -8 too.

Definitely taking a -4. Iheanacho to DCL and Bruno to Son/Mahrez is happening (leaning towards Mahrez as the higher upside)

However considering the extra hit to go Rudiger to Digne. It would add a good player for this week (I'm at XI but it includes Forster, Davis and Dias who are all questionable), and I don't really need Rudiger. He doesn't look like he's nailed anymore and I'll have TAA, Digne, Dias, Shaw and Coady anyway.

There's others I'd rather sell, like Lingard and Coady, but with a game this week I can't justify it

I already had Digne, Shaw and TAA but have swapped Rudi for Dallas for Leeds run in. 

I think Lingard should do well for the run in. Good fixtures, West Ham at full strength with something to play for and he'll want to finish well to go to the Euro's and either get a move or place back at Utd.