Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

Sorry but personally I’m not allowing myself to get too carried away just yet.

it’s brilliant to see Ollie in such fine form but I can’t forgot so quickly that he has been poor for longer than he has been good.

I’d be quite worried if there was a grain of truth in the ings theory - I think it’s down to better coaching.

I’ll just wait a little while longer - if Ollie is still performing like this at the end of the season then I would say it’s much more than a good patch of form 

You can't say that in here pal, he's scored 5 in 5 therefore is perfect!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Maybe not, but any kind of criticism or reservations about him are met with disbelief.

I recommend you read through the countless page upon page of comments on here from posters offering to drive him to any club that would buy him not 4 months ago...

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

You can't say that in here pal, he's scored 5 in 5 therefore is perfect!

Lol no one is saying this. We all know he sometimes has a poor first touch. That he sometimes makes a poor decision not picking out a tm for a pass. That he sometimes finishes poorly.

But he also does a lot of things right. Excellent hold up play. Being incredibly difficult to mark. Immense work rate. Clever positioning. Rather quick.

When he's on 5 in 5 I guess most of us just tilt towards focusing on his bright spots rather than his shortcomings.

• Like 1

If we ever sold him we would demand a fortune. Look at the issues teams have had getting a number 9 . And especially one who is so rarely injured. Emery is getting him scoring really heavily just like he has done with all his main strikers at his clubs If he carried on this form for a season he would be getting 30 goals and assists. 

From memory when Moyes enquired about him last summer we quoted 80 million .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like when I criticise Buendia/Traore and you can’t believe it! 

Completely different. I've always said Ollie has strengths. You just generically say Traore makes bad decisions and is ineffective. Well the eye test and stats disprove that.

Everyone was agreed on Ollie's weaknesses previously.

Edited by Tom13

31 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It’s getting pretty ridiculous in this thread, the “Ollie Watkins is s***” opinion is an odd hill to die on currently if you ask me.

No-one has said that, so that's an odd comment to make if you ask me.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Facts would tell you his poorest form was the year we decided not to hire a head coach. 

Now since he has been coached again he is playing well

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

His only chance to score was on the rare occasion we created a moment of magic...

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Maybe not, but any kind of criticism or reservations about him are met with disbelief.

No... criticism after we have won away and and picked up 3 points and he's scored is met with disbelief.... You mentioned how poor his touch was in one moment, but you didn't mention how good his touch was in another moment. 

Your continual need to look for negatives without the balance of positives, makes your argument heavily unbalanced.

I do not apologise for reacting to any heavily unbalanced argument with utter disbelief.

Especially when that argument is brought up when we have just won away 🤠

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Â