Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

He does so much good, but on top of his finishing he just lacks that bit of football intelligence to be a top level striker. Few times today we were on the attack and his movement was poor or he made the complete wrong run.

I like him a lot, but we definitely need some competition for him now Ings is gone 

This!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I agree but I’m going to duck out of this forum tonight because I’m delighted with three points and have other things to do.   Chuffed that he scored but he’s not the long term player for the striker role, but as he scored the Ollie fans will be crowing.  Good luck with the debate tonight 👍

Not too much to debate as Emery has said he’s the established #9 for the rest of the season - much as I agree we need another striker in the squad.

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I don’t know what is worse, the silence from those that are usually very vocal about him, or the s*** takes even when he has won us the match. Well done today Ollie! 👏🏻

Well I’ve just posted and Tom has so…..anyway it’s lovely he’s scored

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I don’t know what is worse, the silence from those that are usually very vocal about him, or the s*** takes even when he has won us the match. Well done today Ollie! 👏🏻

Couldn’t agree more. Never gets the credit but always takes the blame. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Apparently he's not a 'top level striker'. No shit - how on earth do these people think we'd have Haaland or Mbappe in our ranks?! 😂

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Traditionally we used to just call people who celebrate the striker who scores the winning goal for us “Villa fans” ;) 

Yeah twisting the context is really going get me into the debate.  Enjoy your evening!

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Not too much to debate as Emery has said he’s the established #9 for the rest of the season - much as I agree we need another striker in the squad.

Although Emery could be bluffing so that the clubs of players we enquire about don't think we are desperate and will pay stupid money in order to get someone in.  "Player X is available for €30 million in the summer", "OK but we'd like to buy him now", "OK well you must be desperate so he'll cost you €45 million now", "Oh nah - we're not that desperate.  Call it €35m and you have a deal otherwise see you in June / July".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

His all round game has been fantastic recently, hopefully the goals continue alongside it.

It's all about what he brings to the table for the team and not only is he getting goals and assists, the team is winning. 

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree but I’m going to duck out of this forum tonight because I’m delighted with three points and have other things to do.   Chuffed that he scored but he’s not the long term player for the striker role, but as he scored the Ollie fans will be crowing.  Good luck with the debate tonight 👍

It's more that those who don't rate him can't rant as much.

"Ollie fans" - I mean **** hell :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Apparently he's not a 'top level striker'. No shit - how on earth do these people think we'd have Haaland or Mbappe in our ranks?! 😂

Bit of an odd take this, implies that there isn't a class of striker somewhere between Ollie and Haaland/Mbappe.

I like Ollie, but I think he has a ceiling and reckon we will probably look to upgrade him at some point, if not this summer then after next season 

• Thanks 1

Fellas, the manager we all love has stated that Ollie is our starting #9 for the rest of this season. So my advice relax and enjoy the sweet embrace of Ollie running the opposing back line ragged, scuffing an easy chance but in the end popping up with a much needed goal every other match. UTV! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It's more that those who don't rate him can't rant as much.

"Ollie fans" - I mean **** hell :D 

Yeah those pesky Representatives for Wellingborough who support the players who play for the team we support.😂

• Like 1

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

Bit of an odd take this, implies that there isn't a class of striker somewhere between Ollie and Haaland/Mbappe.

I like Ollie, but I think he has a ceiling and reckon we will probably look to upgrade him at some point, if not this summer then after next season 

There is a class of striker there, yes, an example being Darwin Nunez who cost 80m. 

Â