Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i dunno, werent Spam linked with a player in the summer, who they didnt want to pay a "reasonable fee for" so they pulled out citing "silly money transfers"?

Whilst also wanting 150m+ for Rice.

lol.

West Ham allegedly offered Leeds 50m for Raphinha in January, Leeds said no and so they returned with an offer of 50m again but this time for Phillips (and were turned down again).

I like Watkins and don’t think it would be easy for us to get a better allround striker in the current market. Certainly not for less than 55m or so. Whatever one thinks of him he’s one if our most valuable players and it would be insane to sell cheaply.

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

West Ham allegedly offered Leeds 50m for Raphinha in January, Leeds said no and so they returned with an offer of 50m again but this time for Phillips (and were turned down again).

I like Watkins and don’t think it would be easy for us to get a better allround striker in the current market. Certainly not for less than 55m or so. Whatever one thinks of him he’s one if our most valuable players and it would be insane to sell cheaply.

Honestly, i would defo take 50m for Watkins.

This 50/60 talk is the same madness as the people saying we should get 15 mill for El Ghazi cos he scored a load of pens. We're lucky an anti football side exists with enough money to be interested in him.

Watkins is a better Prem CF than Tammy. If he can nab another couple of goals in final 5 games he'll have had a good end to the season and end on 0.34 goals per 90 compared to last seasons 0.38 per 90. His work rate and defensive stats are still off the charts good. He's building an understanding with Ings now and we've looked our best in the 4 3 1 2 system with those two up top 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Watkins to West Ham for 50m plus? Yes please. 

Luiz to Roma for 20m as a sweetener and then bring somebody home…..😉

Veretout? Would be a brilliant signing 

Dont think he is coming back though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

This 50/60 talk is the same madness as the people saying we should get 15 mill for El Ghazi cos he scored a load of pens. We're lucky an anti football side exists with enough money to be interested in him.

Didn't we pay 33 for him. So we would want a decent profit to sell

If Kalvin Phillips is somehow valued at 60 million and Rice at 100 million then I would say Ollie is probably worth about 90 million in this bizarro world 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Watkins is a better Prem CF than Tammy. If he can nab another couple of goals in final 5 games he'll have had a good end to the season and end on 0.34 goals per 90 compared to last seasons 0.38 per 90. His work rate and defensive stats are still off the charts good. He's building an understanding with Ings now and we've looked our best in the 4 3 1 2 system with those two up top 

Both Watkins and Abraham have very frustrating allround games.

Watkins stock is possibly lower than it was last summer, as he hasn't found the net so often this season. If West Ham did come in for him again, then I would guess it would be on the basis that we would be willing to  substantially reduced the previous "ridiculous figures" we had quoted for him. I would think Moyes would want to pay around £35m for our England squad player, yet would demand £150m for his England player. Having got their ground for nothing, they seem to think the same applies to players that they want. I think we need to adopt the Daniel Levy/Brentford pricing policy, should we get a call from them.  

I mean you have to look at a lot more than the fact that they're 'England players'. While Rice obviously isn't worth £150m, he's a much better player than Watkins and should therefore be valued much higher.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Veretout? Would be a brilliant signing 

Dont think he is coming back though

He would have to be dragged back to Villa Park screaming, he seldom looked happy when he was here. I agree the chances of him coming back are:

Not Happening GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I mean you have to look at a lot more than the fact that they're 'England players'. While Rice obviously isn't worth £150m, he's a much better player than Watkins and should therefore be valued much higher.

Agreed, but not £100m + higher. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Is this a good thing or a bag thing... when he has scored relatively few goals. 

Edit: going for bad.  Not a single Man city, Liverpool, Chelsea,  Arsenal, Tottenham or United player in that list so not sure it has any real value.

Edited by MrBlack

32 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Considering we are scoring so few, i cant see how that stat is a positive, tbh it would seem more a negative......

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is this a good thing or a bag thing... when he has scored relatively few goals. 

Edit: going for bad.  Not a single Man city, Liverpool, Chelsea,  Arsenal, Tottenham or United player in that list so not sure it has any real value.

It's "the other 14" so excludes those teams to find the "best of the rest" in particular stats. Not sure this particular stat has any real value though

• Thanks 1

As is often the case “a prophet is not with dishonour except in his own town”(the bible) or people are often not appreciated in their home town.

I think David Moyes is a pretty good judge of player and he is not wrong with Watkins.He is our best striker since Benteke.He is not having his best season and his link up play has been especially weak this season.Could it be improved?Could actually some special coaching in this area improve it ?Can player weaknesses be addressed ?I know it’s pretty revolutionary thinking that coaching might improve a player.

Or do we just sell him buy somebody new for £60-70 million and work out what they can’t do.Because on here there will be much discussion about their weaknesses.

Â